Caanoo Emulators Help Needed

Daggerbob

Still Fresh
When I first got the caanoo i was really ecxited. Since i was new to the whole open source gaming community i did not know what to expect. So i looked around and found tons of emulators on openhandhelds.org. I rather instinctivley saved some to my SD card and put it into my caanoo. I went to the games section and found nothing. I looked around on these forums and found that i had to unzip them. I had no idea how to do this(I do know about computers and programming but i never dabbled in open source gaming) so i looked around and found out how to do this by downloading 7z. So i did and unzipped them, put them on my SD card and tried to play. I had mame4all, neocd2x and pico drive. None of these worked for various reasons unknown. So if anybody could explain that it would be a great help. But, that is just my first problem the second is not so large. It is concerning the emulator NESGP2X. For some reason this worked when isaved it to my games file and even started up on my caanoo. I was extremley suprised to find that a rom had loaded. Unfortunatley that was it a single rom... It only for some reason saved Contra(Dont get me wrong i love contra but i would like other games in addition) do does anybody know where to get more roms for NESGP2X and how to save them?

Daggerbob said:
When I first got the caanoo i was really ecxited. Since i was new to the whole open source gaming community i did not know what to expect. So i looked around and found tons of emulators on openhandhelds.org. I rather instinctivley saved some to my SD card and put it into my caanoo. I went to the games section and found nothing. I looked around on these forums and found that i had to unzip them. I had no idea how to do this(I do know about computers and programming but i never dabbled in open source gaming) so i looked around and found out how to do this by downloading 7z. So i did and unzipped them, put them on my SD card and tried to play. I had mame4all, neocd2x and pico drive. None of these worked for various reasons unknown. So if anybody could explain that it would be a great help. But, that is just my first problem the second is not so large. It is concerning the emulator NESGP2X. For some reason this worked when isaved it to my games file and even started up on my caanoo. I was extremley suprised to find that a rom had loaded. Unfortunatley that was it a single rom... It only for some reason saved Contra(Dont get me wrong i love contra but i would like other games in addition) do does anybody know where to get more roms for NESGP2X and how to save them?
You need to download your roms and put them in the correct directories. The correct directories are usually described in the readme files of the emulators. I can help you get a emulator running but you need to find the roms on your own. Google is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
qbertaddict said:
Daggerbob said:
You need to download your roms and put them in the correct directories. The correct directories are usually described in the readme files of the emulators. I can help you get a emulator running but you need to find the roms on your own. Google is your friend.
Thanks man i wasnt sure what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back