Calling Jr2swiss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bast525

Hey man... I dunno if you're busy or what. I've emailed you a couple times on this already, but I see you do frequent the boards here pretty often so thought maybe I should just post here.

I really want to buy a BLU from you if you are indeed still selling them. I know you posted that you weren't going to, but you do still have them listed on your website. I'm ready to order one right now... a bit anxious to get it ASAP.

Also, I am in SoCal, close to L.A., I notice you're in CA as well, maybe I could pick it up in person? And I would like to buy the glass screen mod if you're still doing that.

Sorry if I'm trying a bit too hard to get ahold of you but I really want to get my hands on one of these ASAP. Especially now that you are going to stop carrying, I want to get one from you before you sell out... I already lost out in this way with Lik Sang! So please reply or email me at bast525@hotmail.com and let me know whats up.

ya see, ya do have lots o customers, ya say your gonna quit and they come out the wood work
cmon, hook him up, everyone will have a good Xmas
he has gp32
u get a sale

~Octavious

try PMing him..

that always worked for me when E-mailing didn't ;)

I've oredered a GP32 BLu and an SMC from him through his website
and a chatboard from him through ebay.

I always found it easier to contact him through PMs than his E-mail

It is a good thing he did quit when he did though. Otherwise he would have had a bunch of dodgy units from Lik-Sang, which is where he gets them from.

yeah but does he have any LEFT that is the question. Again, his website does still say he has the regular BLU's in stock.

I have PM'd him, and emailed him, and now posting here. Funny because it seemed he was a real regular around here but not as of late I guess. The suspense is driving me nuts because he's kinda my last hope for getting a BLU any time soon.

Dont you just hate that when you finally go to buy something you've been wanting forever... you've got the money in hand and you're ready to go, and suddenly you just cant get it from anywhere???

Maybe I'll just let my credit card take a big hit and buy a Tapwave Zodiac instead :) I'm tempted... anyone know if there are good emulators for it?

bast525 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 03:08 AM said:
yeah but does he have any LEFT that is the question. Again, his website does still say he has the regular BLU's in stock.

I have PM'd him, and emailed him, and now posting here. Funny because it seemed he was a real regular around here but not as of late I guess. The suspense is driving me nuts because he's kinda my last hope for getting a BLU any time soon.

Dont you just hate that when you finally go to buy something you've been wanting forever... you've got the money in hand and you're ready to go, and suddenly you just cant get it from anywhere???

Maybe I'll just let my credit card take a big hit and buy a Tapwave Zodiac instead :) I'm tempted... anyone know if there are good emulators for it?

The Zodiac is ok I had one, the analog stick kind of sucked for emulators for me though, too sloppy. Plus the hardwired in battery was kind of bad if it ran out when you werent near a plug. You can't just swap in new ones like the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
but what emulators does the zodiac have and how good are they?

If I can run perfect gen and snes emus on it... then I might just pass on the gp32 and get that instead. Pricey, but it's xmas so :D

Sorry I do not have any Gp32 Blu's at all, only one for myself :( . Sorry for late response, if you still insist in contacting me just pm me.

Neither Zodiac or Gp32 have perfect SNES or Genesis emulation. LJZ and Castaway are only ones that I know of.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well there goes that then. Guess I won't be getting a GP for a while. My wife feels kinda bad about it and really wants to get me one for/before Xmas... she may pay the extra and get one from GBAx but... I really don't think it's worth it. And I guess GBAx doesn't have the modded ones right now just regular ones... which really makes it not worth paying the extra.

I'm kinda surprised about the Zodiac not having better emus than the GP32. What about PC Engine/TG16 emulation on the Zodiac? That was actually the big thing that finally got me wanting to buy a GP32 was when i heard it had a 99.9% perfect TG16 emu. The great Genesis emu would have been the icing on the cake. But damn.... $400 for a Zodiac :( And the commercial games for it dont even look as good as the DS.

jr2swiss - I'm not saying this as a snap or anything but dude you should update your webpage to reflect that you don't have any BLU's lest you 'break any more hearts'. :D

Well guys it was fun while it lasted... you guys have a really great little community here, and of all the forums I've ever posted on, replies here come faster than any other. I might still lurk but w/o a GP32 I got no reason to keep posting.

Alas gp32x, I hardly knew you! :p

ROFL Jr2swiss... I'm googling for other BLU's for sale and also looking at Zodiacs for sale and I see you posting all over the place for that zodiac :D

Octavious posted on Dec 7 2004 at 03:46 AM said:
ya see, ya do have lots o customers, ya say your gonna quit and they come out the wood work
he has gp32
u get a sale

~Octavious

If it ain`t gangsta... <_<

jr2swiss - do you still have any 128mb SMC's and the card readers? I may still buy some from you if I get a GP32 from elsewhere.

Quiest posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:17 AM said:
Octavious posted on Dec 7 2004 at 03:46 AM said:
he has gp32
u get a sale

~Octavious

If it ain`t gangsta... <_<

Hahahaha, so true...

As to the above, for the record, Palm OS and Zodiac emulation is really quite top notch. Most of the emus are same quality as GP32 "give or take" (sometimes better, sometimes worse, depending who you talk to and if your'e talking about controls or speed or screen size or...). Theres both freeware (not as comprehensive as GP32, but quite well populaed due to yoyo and me), and theres shareware which has some really good stuff (Dream Engine is from kalemsoft.com, and is one superb TG16 emu.) Zodiac also gets free scaling and anti-aliasing which is nice.

Of course, to those who wish to get uppity one way or the other.. my standard response ;)

Standard Reply to Flaming Asswads: v1.01
------------------------------------------
You've chosen to flame _______ (insert GP32 or Zodiac at your leisure) or
compare ______ (GP32 or Zodiac) to _______ (GP32 or Zodiac), and by doing
so have demonstrated the fact you haven't got the information or clue
enough in order to use either effectively. Both devices are underdogs
waging a great war to open up the gaming market to new things and
homebrew, and you should learn to appreciate what you have before trying
to knock down something you know very little about. Flaming either device
only aggravates everyone involved and makes people less interested in you
-- instead, be a leader and builder.. construct new and greater
things.. or shut the hell up.