Can I Still Purchase The Wifi Dongle?

SoleGrave

I dont remember correctly or even if this holds truth. (Im not much of a tech head) But I think I read the dongle enables 3G reception. I was wondering if I could swap my order of the Svid/out cable for the dongle.

Prometheus said:
It didn't enable 3G, I'm afraid.
Even so, if we could buy that dongle somewhere it would be nice - I can always use extra wi-fi sticks that are guaranteed to be compatible with Linux. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it came automatically with Wifi? It wasn't an option when I ordered mine, I am in the 3800..... Where I can Has Buy one?

@Buttbot
There was an issue with Wi-Fi on the first 700 boards and a resistor or something had to be replaced by MWeston. The man figured out what was up and has the factory correcting this on the remaining boards, so at 3800, this won't be an issue for you, or shouldn't be hopefully.

I think I'm gonna have to replace my 2G iphone with a Droid Incredible. I'll only be able to hardwire into currently for connecting, but i've been informed there will be a software app to resolve this soon. Palm Pre is good to go, I connected to it at the Verizon store, they didn't know what to say about the Pandora.

Tethered Pandora and a Steamroller

Link

It does.

There was a situation a while back where wifi might not have been working on initial release, and OP were planning to bundle the unit with a wifi dongle. The starter of this topic liked the look of the wifi dongle and wants one for other purposes.

If you live in the uk

ive spotted them in numerous places, try argos or maplins
their websites arnt the greatest for searching

Pleng said:
It does.

There was a situation a while back where wifi might not have been working on initial release, and OP were planning to bundle the unit with a wifi dongle. The starter of this topic liked the look of the wifi dongle and wants one for other purposes.

I wonder if they ever did order them. Even so how much speed increase was there over internal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back