Can It Be Harvest Time?

binary_bronco

Still Fresh
I wanna see what I can still use from my 2-4yo (cant remember) Toshiba satellite p105. the screen buggered out and the RAM shortly before, so those are a no go and I already took out the sata hdd. I'm pretty sure there are enclosures for laptop dvd drives (quick google says yes) so thats likely. It would help with my Pandora(when it comes.... moving on,) or my gf's netbook. Now onto the harder ones: what about memory, wifi, card readers, keyboard, or most awesomely would be the touchpad&L/R buttons. I don't have a laptop but could I connect any of these to my desktop (I'm not very experienced in modding though) or am I just being silly?

You should be able to recycle the touchpad, it should be connected by internal usb so you need to solder a new usb cable to it. Depending on the Laptop you might have to cut the plastic around the pad. Cardreader is probably possible too, but i don't see how it's wirth the effort.

thanks fishbong but I talked to a freind of mine who knows my technical abilities pretty well and he said "shut up, don't waste your time, no i wont do it, just recycle it and be happy its gone." Twice before I didn't listen and once I got a pretty good electrical shock so I think I'll listen this time. Thanks though.

Back