Can Someone Fill Me In On The Last... 1.5 Years Or So? Please?!

fringus

Still Fresh
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey everybody

I doubt anyone here remembers me... I used to post alot about a year to a year and a half ago. I played a lot of SNES, Genesis, and Metal Slug (on neogeo) on my GP2x; however, I have no idea what the most current software is. I'm sure that all my favorite emutators and games, and even the firmware have been updated at a least a few times since then. Can someone fill me in the essential things I need to download and get on my 1 gb SD card?

Picodrive
DrPocketSNES
gpSP2X
Temper
SqDef
Wind&Water
Cave Story
Friq
Tyrian
Noiz2sa

are my top 10

I think you can run an apple os, the emulator was called basilisk I think, theres a port of DOSBox too, check wiki.gp2x.org

GnGeo Beta is great for Neo Geo as it uses both CPU's and now most Neo Geo games run full speed at 200MHz with 22KHz sound.

Also check out PicoDrive with its Sega CD support (also dual CPU). Awesome stuff.

FBA2X and cps2emu are great additions to MAME as mentioned in earlier post. Both have CPS1 and CPS2 covered which MAME has always struggled with.

gpsp2x has very playable emulation of GBA which few thought ever possible.

The ur-quan masters
tyrian
transport tycoon
ruckman
picodrive
scummvm
openbor

All these are found in the file archive.

I have old versions of MAME and Gngeo...

will it be easy to update these? I don't feel like reorganizing all the BIOS and roms and stuff... it's all so confusing.

also... how is CPS2 running? I would die for marvel vs capcom 2 on a hendheld

also... how is CPS2 running? I would die for marvel vs capcom 2 on a hendheld

CPS2 Emu is running great, even at 200MHz. :) One of the best emulators for the Handheld with alot of possible Settings. Machine Bios settings, Saves, Scalings, everything you can set up per game.
As long as you can manage all the great CPS2 Arcade Games with the more than crappy GP2X Stick, you will have alot of fun.
"HYPER COMBO FINISH!" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd mention that Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is for Naomi, a Dreamcast-based arcade board. So no, I wouldn't expect that game to be playable on the GP2X anytime soon. Marvel's a great game though, deserves respect :)

Some pro Marvel players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOK2di_fvI

Jaguarandine said:
Just thought I'd mention that Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is for Naomi, a Dreamcast-based arcade board. So no, I wouldn't expect that game to be playable on the GP2X anytime soon. Marvel's a great game though, deserves respect :)

Some pro Marvel players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOK2di_fvI

Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 is good enough for the GP2X. :) And we also can play the "Darkstalkers" Series onto the GP2X, I really love the CPS2 Emulator. ^^

I can't get the CPS2 emulator to work on my gp2x... I get an error message about a wrong cache file or something. I tried using the cps2conv.bat file in the romcnv folder, however it's still not working (It says that the cache files aren't found). I'm thinking that my CPS2 bios are bad... but I've tried 3 different sets! What am I doing wrong?

fringus said:
I can't get the CPS2 emulator to work on my gp2x... I get an error message about a wrong cache file or something. I tried using the cps2conv.bat file in the romcnv folder, however it's still not working (It says that the cache files aren't found). I'm thinking that my CPS2 bios are bad... but I've tried 3 different sets! What am I doing wrong?
You might not have the exact ROM sets that CPS2emu is looking for.

The easiest solution is to just look for a torrent for the GP2X that contains both the proper ROM sets and their cache files for CPS2emu. ;)

(You can also open the rominfo.cps2 with a text editor to countercheck the CRC32 checksums of the files in your ROM sets.)

You could also try FBA2X as it plays CPS2 games as well without the need of cache files, but it also still requires proper ROM sets for them to work. :p

Back