Can Wiz Do Tv-out Yet?

czoom

Still Fresh
Remember a while back some people where saying it might be able to do TV-Out later. Wondering does it do it yet???

The Wiz developer board does have a mystery yellow connector. Maybe thats the TV out?

wizdbImage1.png

Squidge said:
The Wiz developer board does have a mystery yellow connector. Maybe thats the TV out?
Whats that connector next to it? My board doesnt have that populated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said that the encoders or something like this isn't probably wired to the EXT well wait ,, here it is :

Squidge said:
Orange Pumpkin said:
If We/I would make software to the F300 controling the TV out it shuld work with the cardle ??

Software? How about hardware? If the Wiz contains no video encoder (which is routed to an available expansion port), it's never going to work with your TV regardless of how much software you write.
?? If it would have the TV-out even only on break out board ,, it would be really nice ..

Can I buy a break out board ??

Yes, I indeed said that, and you'll also find out that the post was written before I received a BoB or Wiz.

As for buying a BoB, I've no idea if GPH intend to make them a commercial product. I would assume so however, as the Wiz is kinda useless without it (unless they are going to make cables for everything). I suppose you'll just have to wait and see.

Noooo... waiting is bad :( :(

I already mentioned that my country ( PL ) doesn't have any shops with Wiz's and my Mum is going to USA in March

Well if it has it I'm really happy

Edit:

Off topic :

I'm wondering why don't the GPH have a representative on this community I know it is a small firm but to look here time to time would be nice We ,, wouldn't have to guess things like that

Sorry to spoil your enthusiasm, but I think it's highly unlikely that your mum is going to find a store that sells Wicen in the US. You're better off with ED and gp2x.de.

Well maybe I do it this way but I would prefer to do it by my mum because other community user found the price of shipping and 30 euros is really much ( at least in my mind )

For the record, Wiz does have video encoding so that probably is an RCA composite output.

I can try hooking it up to my ancient TV card but I don't know how to turn it on drivers-wise, don't even know if there's software support present for it and I doubt it just works out of the box (never know though). I'll probably read up on it some.

That 3.5mm connector could be line in too, seems less likely though.

TV OUT is the ability to support the hardware in the Pollux. Works well, but in PAL, NTSC is currently a slight problem. Is resolved. :D

jbmaster_GPH said:
TV OUT is the ability to support the hardware in the Pollux. Works well, but in PAL, NTSC is currently a slight problem. Is resolved. :D
:eek: are you really from GPH?

'Pickle' said:
'jbmaster_GPH' said:

It is true that I'm sorry. Wiz is one of the firmware developers

jbmaster_GPH said:
'Pickle' said:
'jbmaster_GPH' said:

maybe your translation is a bit off? You work the on firmware for the wiz? I dont get what your sorry about.
Glad to see someone from GPH here.

'Pickle' said:
'jbmaster_GPH' said:
'Pickle' said:
'jbmaster_GPH' said:

maybe your translation is a bit off? You work the on firmware for the wiz? I dont get what your sorry about.
Glad to see someone from GPH here.

I'm sorry. I'm not native speakers of English are using the Google Translator. Nice to meet you

'jbmaster_GPH' said:
He means works well on PAL, but there is little problem on NTSC.

Hi! Hope you stay!

Great to see GPH here.

Edit: This is a moment for the books, Im kind of excited :p.

jbmaster: Do you know anything about 'Sukhi GP'? He is a mystery Im sure a lot of people here would like an answer to.

Back