Questions About The Wiz

danjh0

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but there doesn't seem to be a one dedicated to the Wiz yet...anyway as a former GP2x fan, I'm interested in getting one of these , but was wondering :

- does it have tv out? i've seen conflicting reports on this, on various websites

- i can't tell whether it's possible to connect, say, 2 usb gamepads to it, via something similar to the hub which was launched for the gp2x

any answers would be greatly appreciated!

dan

danjh0 said:
- does it have tv out? i've seen conflicting reports on this, on various websites

It was originally supposed to have TV-out (Pollux supposedly supports it), but GPH couldn't get it to work properly. The feature has been scrapped for now, but the necessary pins are still wired into the ext connector. If somebody ever figures out a way to make it work, then it can be enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
danjh0 said:

It was originally supposed to have TV-out (Pollux supposedly supports it), but GPH couldn't get it to work properly. The feature has been scrapped for now, but the necessary pins are still wired into the ext connector. If somebody ever figures out a way to make it work, then it can be enabled.

Could they do a cradle like they did for the GP2X?

zxxgp said:
Could they do a cradle better than they did for the GP2X?
Fixed that for you :p

No reason they couldn't if it actually functions, a cradle is just one connector on one end and more/larger connectors on the other end. (if they do it right, the GP2X one is a mess.) Possibly incorporating a USB hub would be the maximum extra hardware I would accept.

zxxgp said:
Could they do a cradle like they did for the GP2X?

If you're asking for TV-out purposes, it wouldn't make a difference. The problems with that have nothing to do with connectors.

If you're just asking in general, sure. I'm not aware of any plans for a cradle, nor can I think of anything a cradle would give you that a cable would not, but it's possible.

GPH plans a mini cradle for the Wiz with USB host support. TV Out is not yet confirmed but possible.

Regards,
Stephan

I am not certain about the tv-out but the cradle will be made
sometime down the track (Hopefully)!

Back