Few Questions About Gp2x Wiz

Q

quasist

1. What is official SDK is going to be? (for windows) Is it already downloadable?
I know what gp2x SDK was not that liked by proffesional devs due to some library limitation. Althrough it was easy to install and had a gp2x/win32 project template... and inbuilt C learning course :)

2. Which one graphics 3D API Wiz is going to use? OpenGL ES 1.0 or ES 1.1 or something even else?
(that seems that drivers are not yet written for Wiz)

3. Is there something a dev must specific "know" before even begining a Wiz project? :)

4. What is keymap index table in Wiz? Does each "Dpad" represents 4,8 or even 9 buttons?

hey quasist :)
yes the wiz will be opengl es 1.1 compatible, i'm thinking about making a little engine too. Just google around for opengl es stuff and start on windows

Is FleshChasmer II on it's way? :D

(oh also, can you add savepoints to FleshChasmer Zero?)

Eclipse said:
hey quasist :)
yes the wiz will be opengl es 1.1 compatible, i'm thinking about making a little engine too. Just google around for opengl es stuff and start on windows

Is FleshChasmer II on it's way? :D

(oh also, can you add savepoints to FleshChasmer Zero?)
I began a few weeks ago and know about ES'es specifications. Just curious of it's issues on Wiz.
There could be some trouble like SDL_mixer has reversed stereo on Gp2x.

My plan to make FleshChasmer Zero DX version with color and autosave in "sancuary shrine" zones as well as new kind of monsters. Only trouble - to recover my old hdd.

As for FleshChasmer II I'm surely aiming to make a bloodbath game for Wiz.
I began totaly new engine for that. So plans are: Camera controls on right dpad. Left dpad for moving character. L/R for actions slots like in first Ecstatica game. Touchscreen for inventory/character screens/menus. Microphone input for activating special strikes. "Snipe" skill that allows to play from first-person view. Driving tanks/cars/helicopters. Some stealth gameplay missions. More effects, fully vocalized characters. And ofcourse dynamic lighting.
And prolong gametime from one hour to 20+ by making bigger game world. (not forgetting convinient saves and quicksave)

So I hope there will be no issues with SDK imigration :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back