Gp2x Wiz Upgrade Over Gp2x F100

tuxedup

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I currently own a Gp2x F100 and was wondering is the Wiz a worthy upgrade over the machine? I understand the hardware is better etc, but besides that is there much of a diference.

Does the Wiz offer anything new over the f100?

Has the wiz taken off yet in terms of games availability, or is it just the games on the gp2xarchieve that are played on the machine? I saw from the gp2xwiz.com website there is a small section for games that are compatible with the various gp2x revisions.

if i were to buy the wiz where would I go to obtain games? I saw the announcement of a application store arriving in August sometime, but where else currently exists? Are games/apps abailabel for the wiz backwards compatible with gp2xf100? Or does it depend on the game?

Any information you have for a general idiot such as me would be appreciated, I am finding it difficult to find information to clarify my confusions.

Thanks in advance.

Hasn't been released yet. Might be best to wait a few weeks, it'll have been out for a bit and you'll be able to read reviews and see what direction it's going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they are busy setting up a online game distribution for the official Wiz games...

The Wiz itself is a nice machine, but offcourse there is a lot to be updated like the emulators etc.

From technical point of view its big upgrade [almost 2 times better cpu ], but when you look at it as a gamer / emulators user, you'll find yourself upset, soon.

Of course all emus gets a kick between 10%-30% depends on which emulator. I doubt there will be "generation change" between gp2x and wiz, because it was already stated that PSX emulator will never gets fullspeed [ because cpu is underpowered for that ].

The best thing in wiz imho is touchscreen, that should give better shot for gamers who likes to playing ScummVM games.

EDIT: And i hope AsuraCross: WIred finally go into wiz. GPH breaks promise once when releasing F200 without Asuracross...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back