Cannot install ANY apps ANYWHERE?

takato14

Basically what the title says.

I'm using a Rebirth edition Pandora. I have a dedicated 1GB SD card for Android, nothing else on the card.

I put a few .APKs on another SD and tried to install them from the File Manager. It acts like it wants to install, then it cancels out and says "Application not installed". The weird thing is it has a green checkmark next to it as if it DID install. It also doesn't give any error code or any information that could help in troubleshooting the issue. No application installs, not even the Android Market, to either the internal or external storage.

Help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try unmounting the second SD card and then installing the APK.

You can remount it again after installing any apps.

Installing to an 'external' SD card is not supported by Pandora Android. This may not have been what you are trying to do but it seems that the mere presence of an 'external' SD card can cause problems when installing apps.

It will say "Application not Installed" if the application you are trying to install only works in Ice Cream Sandwich and up.

It will say "Application not Installed" if the application you are trying to install only works in Ice Cream Sandwich and up.
It's impossible for it to be this because I installed the same APK on my Droid A855 (running Android 2.3.5), thanks though.

Installing to an 'external' SD card is not supported by Pandora Android. This may not have been what you are trying to do but it seems that the mere presence of an 'external' SD card can cause problems when installing apps.
Will try this next. Thanks.

How do I get the APK to where it's accessible on the first SD card? I cant seem to get on the internet while running Android, so downloading them isn't an option.

EDIT: Wow, that's weird, it installed from the second SD card successfully after I reinstalled Android. *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you reinstall android without loosing your installed apps and settings, or did you have to set it up all over again?

Thanks!!! I had lots of apps that failed to install. 

The most recent I wanted to install was called Scandinavian TV. It failed to install from playstore, direct from the downloaded apk file and also failed if I tried to restore it with titaniumbackup. So I gave up.

But after reading this, I popped out the sd card before starting android, and then it installed it from playstore without problem. And it runs very well on the pandora.

Back