Can't connect to Wi-Fi

GlowingOrb

Still Fresh
Hi,

I finally received my Pandora today =), but I can't connect to any Wi-Fi Networks. I tried several (well, 2, actually) routers and deactivated WPA, but nothing helped.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

edit: Firmware version is Hotfix 5 btw

Last edited by a moderator:
could you give a little more details ? do the wifi network appear in the network manager, how does it "error" is it a silent error (try to connect, then just nothing), does it keep asking you for the pass ? did you try multiple channels (best one for me was channel 5, but it highly depend on the other network around.

if there is no wifi network in the network manager, then are you sure the wifi is enabled, and could you post the content of `dmesg` from a commandline after enabling the wifi. (you can redirect it to your sd card with dmesg > /media/nameofyoursdcard/dmesg.log then you can just attach that file to your post.

Networks are appearing in the manager and tried several channels.

When Network Security is turned of (no WPA or WEP) it just keeps trying to connect for some time before it disconnects, with WPA enabled it keeps asking for the pass. (I triple-checked, that I entered it correctly ;-) )

dmesg.zip

Attachments

• dmesg.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 160
Neither of the two router I tried has MAC-filtering enabled. I already installed the beta-driver, but it didn't help, so I reflashed my Pandora to restore it to its original state.

i_config.zip

Attachments

• i_config.zip
    693 bytes · Views: 135
it happened to me once in the begining, but im not sure how i got it to work (since now it just work, no matter how often i reflash)

i know i messed around disabling network manager and using commandline to connect (so i would get more verboses errors), but at some point, it just started working, and now it work with or without network manager ><.

i wish i knew how i fixed it.

Too bad, neither another re-flash nor fiddling around with the command line did help. (The routers aren't set to 802.11n only, btw)

I guess, I'll have to send my Pandora back to ED. :-(

I din't actually know what I was doing; just trying out different iwconfig options planlessly (setting the sid manually, making sure that mode is managed and so on.

II'm also finding wifi to be a bit flakey. It wouldn't connect at the pub the other day; iIt's connected at Caffe Nero before but wouldn't today, but now it connected no problem at McDonalds. Maybe you could take your pandy out and try some hotspots?

*bump*

I gathered additional intel:

• sudo ifup wlan0 results in 'Failed to bring up wlan0', but turns the WiFi-LED on.
  • wpa_cli is stuck at 'Could not connect to wpa_supplicant - re-trying', even after turning wifi on.

Any ideas?

well, unfortunatly, i have no magic answer for that ><. it seem your unit might have an hardware fault.

Back