Wi-Fi No Longer Working

marioweezer

Still Fresh
Hi everyone.

I'm pretty much a Linux noob so I'm not quite sure what the answer is to this! My Pandora has always been fine connecting to Wi-Fi but all of a sudden it won't work. The red LED light will no longer show and Toggle Wi-Fi does nothing.

Is there anything I can do to test what's going on or would it help to reflash?

Thanks for your help if you can.

Rob.

Just to cover all bases, have you made any changes to the system lately, or has this occurred without any apparent reason behind it?

(Also, it probably isn't this, but I'll make a mention of it anyway, *just in case*: This is just a way-out-there thought, but, assuming you're using Hotfix 4, you don't happen to be toggling the WiFi using a keyboard shortcut you've set up under a previous Hotfix, by any chance? I found that Hotfix 4 changed some stuff which broke the one I set up.)

Also a simple thing to try: remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, and put it back. Probably won't solve the problem, but it's fixed other problems that it shouldn't have.

Thanks for the responses guys. It's weird because I haven't made any changes to the system and it just stopped working one bootup. I've been using Hotfix 4 since it was released without problems (until now!).

I tried taking out the battery as well but no luck unfortunately. Oddly, my battery was at around 85% charge beforehand and now it says 11%!!!

Should I reflash or is there anything else I can try?

Well, when enabling WiFi, you could try to do a dmesg to see if there's any reason it fails.

Back