Can't Delete From Nand?

DrPreston

Still Fresh
When I mount the NAND on my computer I can't delete files that I put on there. I get an error "Can't read from source file or disk". I am able to view files just fine, I just can't modify them.

I had this problem with windows 7. Don't scan the files when you plug the wiz in or it messes it up I think.

don't fiddle around too much with NAND. i corrupted the FS within the first hours after unpacking my WIZ (didn't have an SD card at that time yet). had the same issues, and suddenly files+folders started to disappear. reflashing helped, never used the NAND anymore since then :)

I had the same with Vista and I never scan, Microsoft fear mongering. The Wiz would still write to the NAND, but like you say, started working again. It did this after I deleted the last file I copied to it though. Could be a coincidence.

I'm having a similar problem. I was editing the files in the /game folder (making .ini shortcuts) and, all of the sudden, files that I had deleted were still there, and when I attempted to delete or move them, the message "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I'm running XP and I've primarily been dumping the files on NAND (I just got an SD card and moved most of my files there). Any known solution besides just waiting it out? It's really bugging me not being able to clean out those files I'm not using.

RocketNumber09 said:
Alright, so it seems like running ChkDsk on the NAND fixed the problem straight away. For future reference! :p

I have the exact same problem... How do i run chkdsk?
Also... Now, I'm having an issue where I transferred my mame folder into the games folder.... After that, it(the mame folder) just disappeared? I know it's still around though because the HD space is still taken... and now I'm noticing that I get a cyclicic redunduncy error when I try to transfer. WTF! Help! I just received this yesterday, and it seems I've already messed up my new toy!

Note: I have no SD card and this is a GP2X WIZ... was placing emulators into NAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACE007 said:
RocketNumber09 said:
Alright, so it seems like running ChkDsk on the NAND fixed the problem straight away. For future reference! :p

Also... Now, I'm having an issue where I transferred my mame folder into the games folder.... After that, it(the mame folder) just disappeared? I know it's still around though because the HD space is still taken... and now I'm noticing that I get a cyclicic redunduncy error when I try to transfer. WTF! Help! I just received this yesterday, and it seems I've already messed up my new toy!

Note: I have no SD card and this is a GP2X WIZ... was placing emulators into NAND.

Connect NAND with your PC and then right click on the drive and select properties. Then go to the tools tab, and in the error-checking field, select "Check now." Before starting the check, make sure you have both boxes selected, and then go ahead and run it. I'm on XP, so it might be different if you're on Vista or 7. I know you can just do it from Run as well.

RocketNumber09 said:
ACE007 said:
RocketNumber09 said:

Connect NAND with your PC and then right click on the drive and select properties. Then go to the tools tab, and in the error-checking field, select "Check now." Before starting the check, make sure you have both boxes selected, and then go ahead and run it. I'm on XP, so it might be different if you're on Vista or 7. I know you can just do it from Run as well.

I did this with no positive results... I also ran "chkdsk E: " from command prompt, and I received an error about chkdsk unable to be performed on a RAW drive. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if it is too obvious, I'm telling it anyway:

The NAND's file system is NOT FAT32 nor VFAT (not since FW 1.1.0) . It is UBIFS. Please be aware that this is a Linux FS.

Anybody who is cosidering to repair or fix it with Windows-tool like chkdsk etc. should make sure the application used is capable of working with UBIFS. (I can't tell. I got rid of Windows years ago. :D )

rds

Kasi

Back