Can't Open Apps

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Okay, so I've had my Pandora for a few weks now and after a few teething issues got to grips. Now all of a sudden today I couldn't get into Fennec or some emulators, I reboot and everything is back to normal. Had to do this a few times today. Just downloaded Hotfix 3 but still have the problem, anybody else randomly getting issues?

NickLoTurco said:
Okay, so I've had my Pandora for a few weks now and after a few teething issues got to grips. Now all of a sudden today I couldn't get into Fennec or some emulators, I reboot and everything is back to normal. Had to do this a few times today. Just downloaded Hotfix 3 but still have the problem, anybody else randomly getting issues?

i get something similar but a reboot doesnt even solve it, i have to delete the appdata directory for the offending articles. Oddly some software does it more than others

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the top of my head I remember that sync options were changed and you have to wait a few seconds after writing to the SD Card stops before taking it out.

I used to have the same problem. Copied all files to another card with my pc and rebooted then it was solved, but havent been able to reproduce it after that. kept getting the error with the other card even on the other mem slot.

Posted in another tread as well but I think your describing the same problem I encountered.

I had an issue with my SD card stopping to work correctly after installing hotfix 3. It stopped working with xfce but still worked fine with MiniMenu. The issue seems to be caused by the way hotfix 3 uses SD card labels so it can remember the card in future. My card must have had a label with extended characters in the name or have been in some format the Pandora didn't like. I renamed the card with a SD card reader under Windows and it works fine now (just go into 'My Computer' right click on the card & rename). My card is a bytestor 16gb class 4. I hope this helps.

Ah so what we're saying is it should be HOTFUCK 3? I am sick and tired of having to be an expert in this shit to get stuff working only for a "fix" to fuck it all up.....fuck me, nothing works again and it's the only night I get to use it, great.

There will at some point be a better indicator of when its safe to remove the SD card, I imagine .. so its a step forward, as long as users pay attention.

Had the same problem after installing Hotfix3. Found the answer is to use windows to rename the SD cards; it is important not to have any spaces in the name. Then just shove the card back in your Pandora and all should be OK.

Okay I'll try it after reflashing, thanks! By the way, does anyone have a WORKING link to the Snes emulator? I get the feeling the pnd on the appstore is corrupt, so I tried the link in Skeez's thread on the emu, but none of the links work. I can't even download things straight to my Pandora via wi-fi which is disappointing as that would be much easier, I get an error when trying though, just says to try again.

The SNES Emulator in the Appstore does work.

And yes, at the moment, if you have any spaces in your SD-Card names, the PNDs will not work... should be fixed soon, but just label them without Spaces in there and everything is fine.

Since you guys were probably not the only ones using spaces in SD Card labels... you can redownload the HotFix3 and reinstall it. You can then use any label for the SD Card again.

It's not as easy as redownloading HotFix3 as if you have the problem with your card not being recognised because of spaces in the label name you can't run pnd files from it. You would have to use one of the browsers that came included in the OS and save it to the NAND. It's probably easier to just rename the card using another computer.

NickLoTurco said:
Ah so what we're saying is it should be HOTFUCK 3? I am sick and tired of having to be an expert in this shit to get stuff working only for a "fix" to fuck it all up.....fuck me, nothing works again and it's the only night I get to use it, great.

There are many of us still waiting for our units who would be happy to be going through these processes now. In fact there are many who will 'miss out' on this part of the experience as the softare will be very polished by the time they get their Pandora so ................. STOP COMPLAINING!

budliz said:
It's not as easy as redownloading HotFix3 as if you have the problem with your card not being recognised because of spaces in the label name you can't run pnd files from it. You would have to use one of the browsers that came included in the OS and save it to the NAND. It's probably easier to just rename the card using another computer.

Yeah, or use an old SD Card with a few MB of size which doesn't have a label name to do that. :)
Are there really people out there who don't have an old SD Card lying around? :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Yeah, or use an old SD Card with a few MB of size which doesn't have a label name to do that. :)
Are there really people out there who don't have an old SD Card lying around? :D
Or a USB thumb drive.
Or just, you know, remove the space from the label on a PC.

Just had this problem (or at least something similar)

I've had hotfix 3 for a while now and my 16gb sd card worked fine.......until yesterday and then all of a sudden all my apps etc do not load up (from full desktop or minimenu) have tried launching pnd files from terminal and no joy. I can still browse the files using a file manager.

Any ideas??

Thanks

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:
Just had this problem (or at least something similar)

I've had hotfix 3 for a while now and my 16gb sd card worked fine.......until yesterday and then all of a sudden all my apps etc do not load up (from full desktop or minimenu) have tried launching pnd files from terminal and no joy. I can still browse the files using a file manager.

Any ideas??

Thanks

CJ
Hi,

I just reformatted my sd card (which took forever) and reloaded everything and now it seems to work fine again. This is the second time this has happened. Anyone else had this problem?

CJ

Reformatting a 16GB SD Card shouldn't take forever (and especially not if you happen to be using FAT32, if you are).

Have you run it through H2testw, to make sure the card is 1: genuine, and 2: functioning correctly?

Prometheus said:
Reformatting a 16GB SD Card shouldn't take forever (and especially not if you happen to be using FAT32, if you are).

Have you run it through H2testw, to make sure the card is 1: genuine, and 2: functioning correctly?
Sorry my mistake, the formatting was quick, it was the whole copying files back and forth that took the time

Back