Can't Pull Out The Stylus

Tashi

Website
Visit site
Hi all

I get my pandora today! :D

But I have some small problems. First, I can't pull out the stylus. I can't move it a milimeter. First I try to pull out the screws. I tought he is clamp or something like that. But this also don't helps.
Second when I press my DPAD on the top, i had to press much harder then in the other directions. Maybe there is something with the contact mat on the bottom.

Regards
Carma

Tashi said:
Hi all

I get my pandora today! :D

But I have some small problems. First, I can't pull out the stylus. I can't move it a milimeter. First I try to pull out the screws. I tought he is clamp or something like that. But this also don't helps.
Second when I press my DPAD on the top, i had to press much harder then in the other directions. Maybe there is something with the contact mat on the bottom.

Regards
Carma

Apparently the styluses have been pretty snug for a few people. One guy got his out by pushing a pin or anything with a nice flat surface against the lip of the stylus and applying pressure outwards until it jumps out. Should be okay from then on, but no promises.

The dpad problem is most likely caused by excess plastic being left over on the underside of that part of the keymat. You could open up your Pandora and scrape it off pretty easily and your button with be fine.

The only problem with opening the Pandora (aside from it being complicated for inexperienced ones - look up a disassembly guide!) Is that is likely voids your warranty, or at least it does when you open up devices made by other companies. OPT may be different, I don't know... frankly I'm not sure why they're not giving the mats a glace before slapping the Pandora together. I asked about this problem on the other forum and all I got was a snippy little remark...

Pretty annoying, if you ask me. If they're that lax about a problem in their devices, even if it's uncommon, I'd imagine they'd sort of have to be okay with people fixing it themselves...

Last edited by a moderator:
OilySalmon said:
The dpad problem is most likely caused by excess plastic being left over on the underside of that part of the keymat. You could open up your Pandora and scrape it off pretty easily and your button with be fine.

Whoa slow down a bit there! Many people, including myself, had a D-pad which was a little stiff to begin with. The OP may well find, as I did, that after a few days of wearing in it feels just fine.

Thank you for your replys! I will try to release the stylus that way. And I wait a week and look at the DPAD, maybe it becomes better.

I have the same problem with the Dpad too. Let me (us) know if this problem goes away after a few weeks.

PokeParadox said:
My stylus was very stiff to begin with, I just gave it a good tug to sort that out. ;)
Also it's recommended to draw some circles on a piece of paper to smooth the tip of the stylus out.

What about the stylus? :D

Sorry I couldn't resist. :p

Seriously though, my stylus was stiff at first too. I managed to get it out with a pen lid

I just used screwdriver enveloped with cloth and pressed very hard. After you slide it back and forth cople of times it's all good.

That didn't do the job for me really... here is my story.

First I used the handle of a spoon to apply pressure to get the stick out, then I just used sandpaper to slim the whole stylus a bit down, just a few wipes really... and voila. Fits great.

Coldbird said:
That didn't do the job for me really... here is my story.

First I used the handle of a spoon to apply pressure to get the stick out, then I just used sandpaper to slim the whole stylus a bit down, just a few wipes really... and voila. Fits great.

The only way I could get mine out was physically taking the Pandora apart (I tried everything else, including tooth floss). I keep meaning to post a tutorial about it, but I don't have much time now...

Back