I can't get the SMC out of the device!

Sdw

Website
www.ag1976.com
How easily is the SMC supposed to slide in/out of the GP32? I can't seem to get mine out, my fingers just slip off when trying to pull it out! That little indentation where you can grab it is just so damn small...

Sdw posted on May 21 2003 said:
How easily is the SMC supposed to slide in/out of the GP32? I can't seem to get mine out, my fingers just slip off when trying to pull it out! That little indentation where you can grab it is just so damn small...
I was never able to "grab" it with two fingers in that notch, either. I've developed this technique (and I bet everyone else, too :).. I just plant my finger against the bottom side of it.. ie: If the device is facing me, I just plop my finger against the bottom of the device on the SMC, and then slide my finger tightly away towards the back of the device, sliding the SMC out with me. If you've got moist fingers, may not be kocher.. but I'm very dry-fingered, and it slides out stifly but without a problem. You coudl probably flip the device over (screen down) and use your thumb against the SMC to push it out. The SMC is well supporte don the inside, so when you psuh on it to push or pull it out by friction, you're not going to bend it.. just don't push from one side when its half out.. by the time it is a few millimetres out you can just pull it out from the back like I assume you're "supposed" to.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that did the trick! I had to push on the edge of the card also, since the middle of the card has a sticker that is very smooth and totally impossible to get any traction on.

woah! thanks for that ;D
I had to use pliers up until now (totally serious) :D

Hee Hee!

Sweaty with anticipation of the next "goody" you have just added to the card, no doubt!

LOL.

yeah!!! pushing hard with the thumb is the way i get my smc's out.

just wish it was easier. :D :D

Never had any trouble getting it out

But he SMC card can be a bit of a trial ;)

MrT

They slide in and out perfect for me, so i dont understand your problem. Is it really tough to get off like a pencap?

Some people make big deals out of everything. Hehe :D

Back