Can't Reflash :(

Pleng

After screwing up my etc/fstab I have come to need a reflash. I've dug out an old 512Mb Micro-MMC card and stuck it in a MicroMMC/SD adapter, downloaded the archive linked to in this thread.

I've rebooted and selected the boot from sd: 1 option. It goes through bootup but quickly comes up with a message saying:

Starting updater. Press Alt+right for verbose output..

Can't access SD card, please reinsert and press enter

If I press enter I get the message that the update has failed and the machine is shutting down. If I go into verbose mode I get messages including 'mmc0: error -110 whilst initializing MMC card'. If I press enter here, I get a bash prompt but unfortunately my NAND doesn't appear to be mounted, and there's no text editor to fix my fstab, anyway :(

I tried copying the exact same files to a newly formatted 8GB SDHC card but this doesn't seem to even recognize the card, and I'm not even given the option to boot from it :(

Anybody able to help here? PLEEASE

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Well that's enabled me to complete the flash, but I still can't actually BOOT Pandora :S

I get the 'Powered by Angstrom' logo and the status bar creeps up all the way till nearly complete (like in the middle of the N of "Release 1 - Zaxxon"), but it hangs at that point and never launches into the first boot wizard :(

Pleng said:
Thanks. Well that's enabled me to complete the flash, but I still can't actually BOOT Pandora :S

I get the 'Powered by Angstrom' logo and the status bar creeps up all the way till nearly complete (like in the middle of the N of "Release 1 - Zaxxon"), but it hangs at that point and never launches into the first boot wizard :(

Did you follow the flashing guide? The first boot after flashing takes up to 10 minutes since it configures the whole system :)

Last edited:
Well, no, I got impatient, assumed it had crashed, and reset during the first boot... a mistake that cost me more time that it was worth!!! :p

Back