Reflash firmwire

Viking

So, since my wifi won't work, I decided to reflash the firmwire (also others on this forum told me to do so). But do I need another SD card, or can I use the ones I'm currently using for my pandora (programms, games, music etc.)

And also, what do you mean by put it in "root" and "directory"? Do I have to create such folders as I did for preparing the SD cards to function with the pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the same card, but just to be on the safe side I'd advise you to make a back-up of everything inside it...or alternatively use a totally new/different card.

"Root" means the beginning of the SD card. No folder or anything.

You can use the ones you're currently using, but be aware that you will need to format them so that they're blank before you prepare the card to be used to reflash the unit.

As for the "root" directory: You don't have to make folders - this just refers to the "main" part of the SD Card, that you would get by just opening the card (and not any folders in it) in a file-manager on whatever operating system you happen to be using.

Basically, you just decompress the reflashing kit, and drop its contents onto your blank card. :p

EDIT: Ninja'd. :ph34r:

Back