Caprice Won't Run My .sna Files

eggman1973

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using CapriceGP2x v0.5, on my shiny new GP2X (firmware v2.1.0) but can't get the emulator to run my .sna files.

It will play the ones that came with the emulator and were already in the snap folder, and will see the .sna files I created on my Mac (using CPC++) - but just resets the emulator when I attempt to run them.

Any help would be most gratefully received, thanks for your time.

Darren

Hi,

I have found that it will run sna files created, as long as they are single tape/disc games where it does not need to access the image again. For instance if I made a SNA of Super Robin Hood then it would work fine, however, if I make a SNA of Myth it would not work. :(

I believe that this is still been worked on though :D

Hope that helps.

Hi Dosteridge,

Thanks for your suggestion - it certainly sounds plausible.

However, I just tried this using your example (Super Robin Hood), but to no avail - the emulator still resets when I select the .sna file...

Thanks for your input though!

Darren

.. hmm..

Just having a quick comparison with those original .sna files - the ones I'm creating are at least 100KB bigger.

Maybe it's the emulator on the Mac that's the problem; maybe the snapshots I'm creating are too big?

.. hmm..

Just having a quick comparison with those original .sna files - the ones I'm creating are at least 100KB bigger.

Maybe it's the emulator on the Mac that's the problem; maybe the snapshots I'm creating are too big?
That could be it. I'm using Caprice32 on XP and they work fine, try a different pc emulator and good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s beta ;) A virtual keyboard is needed, that´s is clear.
The good news is that KaosOverride is working on it and he is not stopping until the end :)

Dizzyegg05 posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:14 PM said:
Rivroner i cant find a link to the file,my spanish is a little rusty!

No lo se senor!

You have to register. Very straightforward, even without spanish knowledge (i've registered yesterday).
I've tried it, but I'm gonna wait for a newer version with good .dsk support.
Really good seeing KaosOverride working on it again.

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
Dizzyegg05 posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:14 PM said:
Rivroner i cant find a link to the file,my spanish is a little rusty!

No lo se senor!

You have to register. Very straightforward, even without spanish knowledge (i've registered yesterday).
I've tried it, but I'm gonna wait for a newer version with good .dsk support.
Really good seeing KaosOverride working on it again.

Yes, is a very beta WIP version :)

Hi! I have patched the menu bug and now It works nice when returning from File Manager. Also you can press UP at the first option and you get to the last option, and viceversa, for faster navigation, for example at the settings menu you press UP and get in the RESET CPC option :D

GP32Spain is down due to unknown reason... this night I will pack a new ZIP and let it at megaupload or any other sharing server, or just attach it here...

DSK support is very primitive, but at least it works. Now you can:

-Use Multiload from disk SNA: Load the SNA of the game, then load the DSK. When the game needs to access the drive A: will find the DSK ;)
-Run files with fixed RUN" commands: For now, autotype commands CAT, RUN"DISC, RUN"DISK and |CPM is supported. It's temporal until a virtual keyboard, DSK directory navigator or else more is worked

Now i'm thinking, to add autodetect feature for DES roms, DES is an easy GUI for CPC, very nice to use to explore Disk just with joystick/fire as a mouse, and click and run :). Unfortunately I disabled CAP32.CFG because the file did not close even if it was properly closed, and the SD get blocked so it can't be unmounted in a logical way. When you put another SD, you see the content of the Caprice SD. I will put a function that if DES1.ROM and DES2.ROM are found, will load. You will find this GUI very usefull for our needs.

So I have work for today. DES support (if exists the roms then load) and recheck the menu bugs to know if they are totally fixed. The DES stuff is just for helping with DSK's with loader names different from DISK and DISC :) so no need to rename files in a PC emulator is needed.

See you tonight!! (Almost tonight very late!! )

As I promised!!!

http://www.axis.org/usuarios/djkaos/files/...ceGP2x-WIP5.zip

http://www.axis.org/usuarios/djkaos/files/...with_source.zip

Temporary URLs.... Until GP32Spain is up and can be uploaded there ;)

Also you should need DES desktop, get here ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/emulator/rom/desr.zip
and copy the ROMS to the rom folder (This is optional, if don't whant DES, then just not copy them)

-Fixed the menu bug
-Added support to load DES ROMS

And nothing more, for now... I have done some little graphics for the future keyboard and still fighting with the TAPE support :(

Rivroner posted on Feb 26 2007 at 05:53 PM said:
Gracias Kaos :) Pásate por retrodev y allí te dicen como arreglar lo de GP32SPAIN.De toda formas igual ya está arreglado.

http://www.irc-hispano.org/index.php?secci...mp;can=retrodev
Creo que no me has leído :D
Gracias por la nueva versión, si te parece la pongo yo en GP32 Spain temporalmente en el hilo antiugo.Abre uno nuevo si quieres cuando entres :)
Gracias por el trabajo amigo, se agradece muchísimo de verdad. ^_^

Gracias Kaos! Just tried some dsk's and indeed they start (if the dsk contains disk.bin or disc.bin). Speed is great, and looks really compatible. As you probably know, sound is horrible :)

Back