Case color

myNewUsername

Has the color(s) for the pyra case been decided yet? I have seen photos of flashy red and blue case parts.. Will it come in more dicrete colors so I can use it in public as well? And also not make it look like a pimped DS?

Lykurgos

To the best of our knowledge the colour hasn't been decided. Those red and blue cases are quick fab prototypes and are typically made in bright colours so that any problem areas are easy to spot.

There is a thread where it has been discussed.  A few of us are pushing for octarine, but I think most are comfortable with grey or black.

if i said it once, ive said it a million times. i'd pay $50 more for a translucent case

I'd still like to see a case made from random colored plastic pellets shoved through the mold process allowed to swirl and mix as they enter the mold - and no paint.  Like a 70's bowling ball.

I'm hoping for Funtastic colors ala N64 -

tumblr_mp7m9wYEfC1qg48rfo1_1280.jpg

Well, in the 90ies they may have looked futuristic, but nowadays ... they look like they're from the 90ies :p

But I agree on having full-colored plastic and no paint. Like most gamepads or joysticks ... something that doesn't wear off like the silver color on the late Pandoras ...

There is a thread where it has been discussed.  A few of us are pushing for octarine, but I think most are comfortable with grey or black.
I think dark grey or maybe aubergine would look cool, but octarine souns fab as well

I think dark grey or maybe aubergine would look cool, but octarine souns fab as well
I won't divulge my source, but I have been told by someone VERY reliable that the Pyra will have an octarine case.

Back