Casual Gaming And Emulators

b._.o._.b

Casual gaming (ie popcap games) appears to be a very new kind of gaming, but I have noticed there are older titles that fall into this category. I am looking for them for someone who has a Linux desktop and is into this kind of gaming. There are not a lot of good games that fall into this category for Linux (if any), but there are enough working emulators.

An example of a game I recently discovered and falls into this category is

Jigsaw madness (PSX)

Some hidden objects games or similar would be nice.

It is not an exact type of game I am looking for, just it should not have a steep learning curve. No walk and jump games and not too hard.

I've a Linux laptop, but I don't do too much gaming. I usually play DOS action titles like Abuse, Duke Nukem 3D, or Alone in the Dark.
I'd recommend using Nestopia for NES emulation. I've compiled it myself, and I can send it to you if you need it. I'd consider falling brick/object puzzle games casual. Columns for the Sega Master System, Game Gear, or Genesis is a casual game I enjoy, and carry around with me everywhere, along with Tetris for the Gameboy. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (SMS/GG) is also lots of fun, a little like Dr. Mario. I haven't played any casual Playstation games.

Virus Killer for Linux is pretty fun if you're into shooting things with the mouse cursor. World of Goo is fun if you like building things and solving puzzles.

Well, just about every console had a version of Puzzle Bobble, which is one of the best casual puzzlers around. Dunno if that's quite what you want though.

Touchmaster and Megatouch games in MAME are not to complicated. These are like those touch screen machines usually found in bars. Most games play okay with the mouse.

Back