Certain Fba2x Games Don't Work...

garykerr06

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
The most annoying thing is that they did work, but suddenly just ceased to function.
The games are: MVSC (Marvel VS Capcom), Street Fighter Alpha 3, X-Men COTA, and a few others.

I was playing them on FBA2X, then one day i tried to and they failed; the ROMs fully load, but once the bar is complete the screen turns black and the system hangs. No return to menu, No escape. Only a hard reboot is possible.

What could have changed in my system just perplexes me, i have no idea what happened.
I'm going to try an SD format just now, but i doubt that will solve anything.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Darth Gazak

format, yeah, definitely format

SD corruption seems to be a prevalent topic. You could try removing any nvram files first to see if it makes a difference. Battery strength could also be a factor. The format may cure your woes, though. Backups definitely help. I have 7.7GB SD to safeguard. I run backups and chkdsks weekly. Good luck

bman said:
You could try removing any nvram files first to see if it makes a difference.
The format never worked. I completely wiped my SD, formatted, then put everything back on; same error.
Thanks for the suggestion bman, but could you eleborate on that advice? Where would i find these nvram files?

Thank you, Darth Gazak

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems I confused FBA with CPS2EMU. I run all my CPS2 in the latter. It keeps nvram files in that respective folder. Have you tried running your roms in CPS2EMU to see if you still get the same result?

Are the only ones not working, CPS-2 games?

I remember this happening to mine a few times, but that was after loading a number of ROMs, and a reboot fixed it.

Did you change anything recently, like updating the firmware?

You could try to do a clean install.

Check also if your ROMs would work in the Finalburn Alpha for the PC.

Thanks for your help guys, i managed to get the games working again.
I replaced the broken ROMs with newly downloaded ones, and hey presto! They work.

The original ROMs must have been corrupted in some way.

Theres more bad news though; i just bricked my GP2X. I'm making a new topic about it, because i searched the forums and never encountered a problem similar to the one i have.

Back