Changing/adding Search Paths For Pnd Files - Stick Pnd Files Somewhere

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Just added this to another thread, thought I'd copy it here:

1) You can use subdirs of any search path: ie: /pandora/menu/foo/bar/emus/mame/mame.pnd is fine

2) you can actually specify a list of searchpaths in /etc/pandora/conf/desktop if you edit it; right now its..

10 [menu]

11 searchpath /media/*/pandora/menu:/media/*/pandora/apps:/usr/pandora/apps # path to depth-search for PXMLs and pnd-files

12 dotdesktoppath /usr/share/applications # path for pndnotifyd to spit .desktop files into

13 iconpath /tmp # path for pndnotifyd to drop icons into (can be same as dotdesktoppath if WM permits)

for the menu part; see git: http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pandora-libraries.git;a=blob;f=deployment/etc/pandora/conf/desktop;h=a43e22a2fc2f0d6ce22621d82fda32cb722df0a5;hb=38e3e8882078c6ba42f4d5cae1debdc0b03c42e4

So if you want, you could change "searchpath" to include "/" and it'd search the whole card, or make your own directories to search like: /emus:/apps:/foo and thats all fine; it checks all subdirs.

I could add a 'depth limit' so that it only checks 1/2/3/whatever directories deep, which might not make it take so long, starting at /.

Try experimenting with setting your own searchpaths, see if that fills you need.

--

UI's to edit configs has always been somethign tossed around; for now, power users can edit the conf files, and normal users can live with defaults, or perhaps power users will make pnd-files or sh-scriptd that hack conf files for them.

I tried to make it pretty configurable :)

Back