Channel Splitting During Mp3 Playback

MajorShake

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello all, I have noticed that when i listen to mp3's on my 2x with FW3.0 the channel splits and i wanna know if there is a downloadable fix for this problem, and i would like to see anyone else's views on this problem.

:ph34r:

use alternative player like GMU, oldplay, craigamp or Ommpc2x.

Yod4z said:
use alternative player like GMU, oldplay, craigamp or Ommpc2x.
If by "splitting" you mean that the channels swap over periodically, then it's a bug. Using other players won't help, as it happens in all of them too.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
That problem is very annoying! It happens also with movies witch forces me to use mono. :( If open2x really fixes that I´m really waiting for the first public beta!!! :)

XorA said:
This thread has useful info on the problem.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38110

Thnx for the link this does give me some useful info on my problem, and ill give it a test and see how it works out, and thnx all gp2x community (best community out there!) :ph34r:

edit: I tried the ram timings with the clockspeed at 150, and ive only tried one song, and usually it swapped a couple times, this time, no swappage =P

Well that is the solution for music playback but what about movies? You can´t underclock them so much or they start lagging. :(

tuomoz said:
Well that is the solution for music playback but what about movies? You can´t underclock them so much or they start lagging. :(
hmm well im not a pro or anything, but if you use gmenu2x, just edit the movies link, and tweak ram timings maybe? ive never really had sound swapping speakers on movies, or, u can run the video file at the halfspeed setting on the gp2x while u pick your movie file, all you gotta do is get a program like virtual dub (which is free) then resize it down to the resolution size of the 2x screen (which im not remembering right now cuz i just woke up and i have no coffee) you could try these =)

when your movies or w/e you watch, and it's resized to the res of the gp2x screen, you can run them at half power, thus fixing your underclock/lagging movie problem? =P lemme know how it works out and if you need help on the virtual dub stuff, just pm me :D

Back