Charge Other Device With Pandora?

Yoyobuae said:
Errr ... What?!?!

And what powers the USB ports? ;)

The USB ports are powered by the Pandora, The Pandora is powered by the USB ports.

Come on, do I have to draw a diagram here?

Works with power strips, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe if we take one of the two pandoras that charge each other and sink it into a bucket of water, the water will make more power and be able to charge both pandoras much much faster

VRAndy said:
You just have to swap it over from a real socket REALLY fast, before the electricity spills out. :p

My sister invented that at an age of 3 or 4, i was 7-8 at that time, i seriously lol'd.
and then told my dad and he lold too.

It started out that we needed power for a tv, in our playroom (was a small room with low roof under the stairs, concrete wall paintet with forests and houses and shit), and the powercord was too short, so she suggested we put it into the powerstrip since "thats an outlet and theres power there", lol.

Kids and their perfect logic ^^

Wait I've got it. Let's scrap the whole Pandora project and stick gaming controls ON A BATTERY. Add a USB port(for power) and we can call it a day!

Actually there is no need for wires/USB. If you use 2 Pandoras (or pandora with 2 accumulators) you can charge each other by induced current. This works however only for short distance, so 2 Pandoras would be good only for local multiplayer while 1 Pandora with 2 accumulators for indefinite single player gaming. It's a shame Tesla didn't tell us how to send energy on longer distances.

Yoyobuae said:
Yes, the fantasy world where energy pops out of nowhere was fun for a while. The real world is another story though. :)

nope, a flux capacitor and 1.21 jigawatts should do the trick...

Aninhumer said:
VRAndy said:
You just have to swap it over from a real socket REALLY fast, before the electricity spills out. :p
you know, that would actually work.

You'd need a power strip with two plugs, one on mains power and one plugged into the strip itself, and a switch to instantly change between the two. Once the power was switched over, you could remove the mains plug. You could further optimize it by internalizing the loopback and making the switch electronic. It fundamentally depends on at least one extra electron being trapped inside the loop.

typs lik dis said:
You'd need a power strip with two plugs, one on mains power and one plugged into the strip itself, and a switch to instantly change between the two. Once the power was switched over, you could remove the mains plug. You could further optimize it by internalizing the loopback and making the switch electronic. It fundamentally depends on at least one extra electron being trapped inside the loop.
Pfft, sounds like someone just can't move fast enough.

keaft said:
ok I got it. Get two power strips plug them into each other. Then rig a male to male extension cable from the wall the power strip. That way when you unplug it nothing leaks out.
You can't power a power strip through one of its sockets.
That would just be silly. :mellow:

Back