Chinavision''s Handheld (dingoo?)

wemcott

Still Fresh
Has anyone seen this thing?

chinavasion-CVFH-N03-4G-side8.jpg

it is advertised as natively running NES, SNES, Genisis, GBA, Neo Geo, and capcom arcade systems (CPS1 and CPS2) plus a whole slew of media applications.

so far with what's been developed and fully running on the pandora, this thing is simply the "pandora lite" meaning it only does media and emulations (no extra UMPC-like features like the pandora). but even that title gives it a little too much recognition.

one thing I saw on it that I didn't notice for the Pandora was the feature of FM radio and the ability to record it live. it doesn't really matter now-a-days since I've moved to a smaller town and cant find a decent radio station to save my life, but it would be nice to have out side of this place.

more info:
CODE
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station/

or Greasemoney users can click here

Last edited by a moderator:
...and this belongs in the pandora forum why?

pandora-lite my ass. I've been wantin one of these like hell, but it's certainly no 'pandora-lite'. If a device was to garner such a title It'd be the Wiz first & foremost anyway.

'Consequence9' said:
...and this belongs in the pandora forum why?

pandora-lite my ass. I've been wantin one of these like hell, but it's certainly no 'pandora-lite'. If a device was to garner such a title It'd be the Wiz first & foremost anyway.
I dunno, could end up being awfully similar to the Wiz if things actually take off somehow...

I have been following this device for about a month and it really is tempting, considering the price tag of $85..
But as Pandora will most certainly be able to do all this one can do and a lot more, I will (hopefully) resist :)

'WhiteFalcon' said:
I have been following this device for about a month and it really is tempting, considering the price tag of $85..
But as Pandora will most certainly be able to do all this one can do and a lot more, I will (hopefully) resist :)
http://www.gbax.com/a320.html this?
is it for pre-order? if it can be bought now, many might buy it just to tide them over. current lack of date etc makes me think my Pandora will get to me around late may to june or july. just being realistic. I really hope those dates aren't optimistic either. :)

Looks like a cool handheld to own. Shame that i has mini-SD card as it's big brother can go up to 32GB for the normal SDHC cards. <_<

'CC_machine' said:
'WhiteFalcon' said:
http://www.gbax.com/a320.html this?
is it for pre-order? if it can be bought now, many might buy it just to tide them over. current lack of date etc makes me think my Pandora will get to me around late may to june or july. just being realistic. I really hope those dates aren't optimistic either. :)

Yes, exactly that :)

yup i bought one for exactly that reason... pandora aint gona be here til mid-late summer and i want something to tide me over... lack of new gadgetry makes me restless. it shipped yesterday so hopefully it'll be here next week!

Broke down and ordered one myself. This promises to be an interesting device in the future.

I'm so on the verge. I've got a GP2X sitting here with a shiny coat of paint (aka Open2x) and there's an internal struggle happening. Blast.

The government is kindly giving me a $900 economic stimulus bonus this month. I don't think they want me to spend it in Hong Kong though. :lol:

[edit] Deal Extreme is not only cheaper, but isn't charging international shipping. Ruh roh.

www.dealextreme.com/shoppingcart.dx/add.20217~quantity.1

I haven't seen any processor specs on this thing. Anybody know?

I also wonder what the performance of the advertised systems are.
- NES (Nintendo Entertainment System - 8bit)
- SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 16bit)
- Sega Genesis (Sega Mega-Drive - 16-bit)
- GBA (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)
- Neo-Geo (SNK Neo-Geo)
- CPS1 and CPS2

All those are emulated pretty well on the GP2X so I don't see a need right now for me personally.

The price is pretty great though.

I bought one of these to tide me over until my Pandora & Wiz finally arrive.
I really like the machine, its nicely built and simply works.

I hope a Dev or two decide to get one too.

I got mine from DealExtreme and for some reason didn't get stung with any import taxes that I usually get when I get stuff from Lik-Sang.

'Chip' said:
Broke down and ordered one myself. This promises to be an interesting device in the future.
I'd be interested to find out what your thoughts are on it. For the price, it looks quite neat.

Back