Christmas Present - fGEN32 Private Beta!

Ramzy posted on Dec 26 2003 at 10:38 AM said:
Is there actually any save/load support here?
dont think so.... sound and save comes imho at the end, when the speed is almost perfect and the emu is ready for public ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TandeM posted on Dec 26 2003 at 05:52 AM said:
Will there be an option for "251203 (Z80 off)" when submitting reviews? I'd like to post feedback for a few games, but do so under the right version.
Added.

Also, a few clear-ups:

* This version is the same version as a few months back with a couple of improvements like 4mb zipped roms. While it is better, it's not a whole new version or anything.

* Rlyeh is still waiting for ZardozJ to lend out some sources as posted before, to improve the currently C-based core.

* Sound has been done, but is disabled due to the immaturity of fGen as an emulator. When fGen improves to a decent speed sound will be introduced.

- Rico

Actually I stand corrected, the Ram consumption with this new version is lower - hence the support for Zips and large Roms! Ive got twice the number of Gens roms on my SMC now :)

The improvements made are great - and has been mentioned, when the new 68k core comes along it can only get better!

Zardoz has done an optimised core? This could be good :)

Can't comment on speed atm, but look forward to giving this a go next time I've got a Gamepark in my hands...

can someone send me the file or point me towards a link ?

it isnt on his site anymore, some of us for the last 2 days have had to give all their time to their children, so couldn't get online to see what was going on...

btw - the new snes is *so* improved, i love it

I second that Rico, After all it was a christmas present available for a limited period. What the point of the limit if people end up distributing it and maybe hosting it.

This should test the community spirit and willpower (by not distributing it without permission from Ryleh).

Trooper

The lost world jurassic park doesnt work, at the title screen it messes up, but thats probably because its a newer game so its probably harder to do or something.

Thats the only genesis rom I tried so far :p Ill get more right now.

trooper posted on Dec 27 2003 at 07:50 PM said:
I second that Rico, After all it was a christmas present available for a limited period. What the point of the limit if people end up distributing it and maybe hosting it.

This should test the community spirit and willpower (by not distributing it without permission from Ryleh).

Trooper
I was lucky enough to get the file in time, but think its quite unfair to only allow it to certain people and not others......
Fair enough, if the idea was to beta test, then i would understand. But, is there a good reason for allowing somebody to not be allowed an emulator because they may have been on holiday on that particular day?
Its just the sort of thing that will end up pissing people off with the community.....
no offence to anyone desired.... :)

Okay I'll throw in another reason... rlyeh mentioned to me that after only one day of the file being up, he was getting requests for sound, 32x, etc... obviously he wants at least the reasonable requests (sound, speed) to be fulfilled before a full release, to avoid the hassle.

Has anybody tried going into the bonus chaos level thing (whatever it's called, when you are like in a half-tube collecting coins) for Sonic 2? It's all messed up...

Back