Chromecast from Pyra

Appears to be node.js stuff. I've no experience of that personally, fwiw, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The version of nodejs in jessie is kind of crusty but there's an updated package in stretch that could probably be wrapped up as a DBP or something if it became necessary.

Edit: Your second link is a python script. Should even work on the Pandora if you can get its wifi to stick.

Appears to be node.js stuff. I've no experience of that personally, fwiw, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The version of nodejs in jessie is kind of crusty but there's an updated package in stretch that could probably be wrapped up as a DBP or something if it became necessary.

Edit: Your second link is a python script. Should even work on the Pandora if you can get its wifi to stick.
Thanks! The node.js one is fancier but the python one should be more usable .
[doublepost=1478490969,1478489947][/doublepost]I found another one. https://github.com/Pat-Carter/stream2chromecast

Care to test this: stream2chromecast.pnd ? It's for the Pandora obviously, and Command line only, but it should work.
*EDIT*: Link removed, it's on the repo now.

Last edited:
The next major version of the VLC media player (v3.0) will also contain native chromecast support. It's already supported in the nightlies builds although I haven't tested it myself yet.

Care to test this: stream2chromecast.pnd ? It's for the Pandora obviously, and Command line only, but it should work.
It works! I tried it on a short music video and it works well. On a longer Doctor Who episode it gets stuck on"sending file", however. Also, with no way to pause videos, it's not the best program ever. But I think you should put it on the repo! It works for shorter videos.

wow... 4 hours until a pnd build, and tested, and in the repo within 24 hours... amazing work!

Unfortunatly, I cannot upload anything to the repo now. I think we'll have to wait for the upgrade (or the cleaning of the FileSystem) now.

It works! I tried it on a short music video and it works well. On a longer Doctor Who episode it gets stuck on"sending file", however. Also, with no way to pause videos, it's not the best program ever. But I think you should put it on the repo! It works for shorter videos.

So if I have a video file on my Pandora, this can cast it to chromecast? That would be awesome

Back