Pandora/Pyra Panic! Godot Edition - Collaborators Wanted

I didn't feel right in derailing the other thread more so I post this here

@elw3
Maybe you are just trying to be funny - I'm not sure it came across like that if that's the case. Should we make an agreement here that any mini games contributed are "fair game" for porting PP! to Panik and visa versa? (I mean if everything is kept in a open license they are anyway, but this a mutual respect thing...)

Perspective helps. I'm imagining the device in question half off the top of the screen, and if you look up at a pandora/pyra from below you can see the slots.
Hot and cold concept might be interesting. As the SD card gets closer to alignment with the slot an SD card outline overlay fades in from blue, becomes more red as it closes in on it's mark, and returns in the opposite direction as the card drifts away from the target without an attempted insertion. I feel like that kind of indicator could be used on the card sprite or Pyra image.

How about a mini-game where the character is standing on a roof? If you do nothing for 5 seconds, you win, anything else results in falling off face first into in icp2.

Having the sprite change colour as the card approaches the right position is an interesting idea, but the idea of these minigames is that it should be pretty obvious what you need to do. Perhaps if difficulty can be configured we could use that though for easy setting, although in that case I'd argue against using red for good, since in my culture at least red is usually used for warning (as well as these days, charging also). How about red if its misaligned, going to green as it gets closer to being right (although in practice I reckon it should actually go red to grey, then grey to green, since if you go directly between red and green you hit brown at some point otherwise)

Having the sprite change colour as the card approaches the right position is an interesting idea, but the idea of these minigames is that it should be pretty obvious what you need to do. Perhaps if difficulty can be configured we could use that though for easy setting, although in that case I'd argue against using red for good, since in my culture at least red is usually used for warning (as well as these days, charging also). How about red if its misaligned, going to green as it gets closer to being right (although in practice I reckon it should actually go red to grey, then grey to green, since if you go directly between red and green you hit brown at some point otherwise)
I really do believe that the red color is a warning, in this case a warning that you are drawing very close to missing your target. I would strongly suggest not using a combination of red green and brown, color blind people will have no chance.

Edit: Missed the grey, but to be honest that doesn't make it any easier for me as a color blind person (silver, pink = grey)

Last edited:
I'm finally making ma own game from scratch for my Master Thesis.
I'm writing it in Godot and I plan to release it for the Pyra, too.
I have no idea whether it is suitable for this project or not, but I want to become a Godot master, so I consider making some minigames which I can contribute :).
I don't think I'll make something in the near future, as I need to focus on that one game first.

I really do believe that the red color is a warning, in this case a warning that you are drawing very close to missing your target. I would strongly suggest not using a combination of red green and brown, color blind people will have no chance.

Edit: Missed the grey, but to be honest that doesn't make it any easier for me as a color blind person (silver, pink = grey)
Hmm, yes, red/green colour blindness is something I didn't consider. How do you manage at traffic lights, is the green signficiantly brighter than the red light, or is it simply done using position. I think we could easily tune this similarly, with a dark red going to a mid grey to a bright green (something like 040000 to 404040 to 00f000).

Great to see more ideas springing up! I wonder, could a colourblind mode be handled by some form of global shader?
I've managed to find a little more time!
  • Added Arena mini game - this makes all of the WIP ports that I had now in the repo and somewhat playable.
  • Added the status/transition screen that displays in between minigames. (main logic is there but lives display is not quite right yet!)
Still a lot to do but it's starting to come together a bit more. :)

Maybe you are just trying to be funny - I'm not sure it came across like that if that's the case. Should we make an agreement here that any mini games contributed are "fair game" for porting PP! to Panik and visa versa? (I mean if everything is kept in a open license they are anyway, but this a mutual respect thing...)
Me, funny? I am trying as hard as a i can.

I already said that it would be funny to have double entries. But actually i now managed to get a look at how PP! plays and we have very little in common here, completely different gameplay.
PP!s winning screen alone takes longer than what i planned as time for a game for example.

Been a bit busier again in work and life, so things have slowed down a lot. It maybe after Xmas I get to sit down to dev some more and grab some screenshots. Point taken though!
In the meantime you can look up the Pandora pnd on in the repo. The PND has a few screens embedded.

Here's the Pandora release trailer to get an idea too!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hope everyone has had a nice time and rest! :)

Another mini update here:
  • Fixed the transparency/keying issues that were remaining in Arena.
  • Did a bit of an audit for the current status.
I hope to have a bit more concentrated time before I'm back at work but with the hustle and bustle of Xmas and NY this is all for now! :oops:

I've raised the issues I can see, please feel free to pick anything up here:

Back