Release Chromium 4 with SSL and Chromium Snapshot

@ED can You re-compile chromium with option to start chromium in fullscreen [-kiosk and --app= switches ] and with F11 fullscreen key enabled, This version of Chromium cant work in fullscreen mode. F11 dont work as well..

I'd love to, but I never compiled it.

I was simply using the ARM snapshot binaries.

Chromium isn't that easy to compile, and I'm not really a coder, so I can only do simple recompiles :(

:<

Where i can find compiled arm dev bin's? [maybe i'll check these cli switches on newest builds..]

@ED can You re-compile chromium with option to start chromium in fullscreen [-kiosk and --app= switches ] and with F11 fullscreen key enabled, This version of Chromium cant work in fullscreen mode. F11 dont work as well..

I'd love to, but I never compiled it.

I was simply using the ARM snapshot binaries.

Chromium isn't that easy to compile, and I'm not really a coder, so I can only do simple recompiles :(

:<

Where i can find compiled arm dev bin's? [maybe i'll check these cli switches on newest builds..]

Grab them here:

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?path=Arm/

OK. Packed new development snapshot to PND, but this build still lacks of fullscreen mode.. Crapolla.. :/

Edit:

After messing a while, fullscreen works.. seems that first run always forces chromium start in windowed mode..

Last edited:
Sounds promising, is this going to appear on your facebook page in the near future?

I don't know much about Chromium, what does "Developer Snapshot" means in case of Chromium? A Beta Version or the source Code of the last stable Version? And what is actualy the last stable Chrom(ium) Version? I never followed this Browser development.

Wow, that would be awesome, this is one of my favourite browsers! Thanks in advance! :)

The only really annoying issue with this build is that it includes ChromiumOS as well :(

The only really annoying issue with this build is that it includes ChromiumOS as well :(
Really? No way to separate this? Otherwise I see a very big .PND comming... ^^"

Only if you compile it. You can't separate it from a binary.

It will be the same size as the currently PND, as it's based on the same snapshots.

Click on the wrench on the top right corner -> Sign Out

Alternatively you can press Ctrl+Shift+Q

I wouldnt prefer this browser though:

- It does not support extensions

- It is always fullscreen (no apparent way to minimize, though I think its possible to force it somehow)

- Downloads dont seem to work (always "Interrupted"), but maybe theres a workaround here, but I dont get it

Try BabyPanda, Arora, Jumanji for speed and Firefox for compability & extensions.

Thanks JePP... eventually i figured it out but yeah you pretty much summarized my expirience.

Back