Release Chromium-Dev Updated

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I just grabbed one of the later snapshots from Chromium and packaged it into the PND.

Made some quick tests:
Sync works, SSL works, pages seem to work fine, Themes work.

Only problems I encountered:
Bookmark Manager still doesn't work (however, you can create new bookmarks and use them around using the menu bar).
Menu has lots of weird unneeded stuff (Fake WiFi, etc.) and the preferences menu is kinda slow.

Download: Grab and test it here

In case downloads crash for you:

First go into Preferences and set the download location to your SD Card :)

It will then save into the Downloads-Directory of your appdata-Chromium-Dir.

Still goes into incognito mode, so you can't install extensions.
Edit: And won't load plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (chromium 4 pnd does)

Jdbye said:
Edit: And won't load plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (chromium 4 pnd does)

No incognito mode for me, only does this after it crashes.
Maybe try removing the appdata directory?

Also, after a crash, if it goes into incognito mode, just close the last incognito tab and you're back in normal mode.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Jdbye said:

Also, after a crash, if it goes into incognito mode, just close the last incognito tab and you're back in normal mode.
I'm not sure, but if you try installing an extension it says you can't install extensions in incognito mode. So for some reason it thinks it's in incognito mode when it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jdbye said:
EvilDragon said:
Jdbye said:

I'm not sure, but if you try installing an extension it says you can't install extensions in incognito mode. So for some reason it thinks it's in incognito mode when it's not.

what i found was sometimes when it opens
it opens an igonito mode aswell as a normal one, although the window may not be viewable,
so press the close button if its in incognito and the normal ne should appear behind it

sometimes that occured other times it was fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back