Chrono Trigger And Other Snes Games Not Working?

leto_ii

Still Fresh
Has anyone figured out a way to make Chrono Trigger work on any of the SNES emulators available for Caanoo? They all seem to freeze up and crash after the very first battle with the robot at the carnival in the beginning. I'm confused because Chrono Trigger was one of the games showcased on several reviews of the Caanoo which led to my purchase of it. I'd love to be able to play this game. Any help would be appreciated.

Well actually I went and reset everything on my SD Card and re-downloaded this starter kit from BAFelton (Updated 26/01/2012 and found here: Part 1 http://www.mediafire.com/?cg7mu32mwu5qng9 Part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?0tyiegob1zubbz).

Then tried DrPocketSnes on compatible mode and I made it past the robot, at last. I don't know how compatible everything else is, but I will keep you posted if I notice anything.

So I've gotten to play it for a little while and I've noticed some serious issues. The game slows down perceptibly and often times can't handle playing the audio. That's a shame since the audio is one of the best parts. If I turn the audio off for a while it almost goes back to normal speed, but if I ever turn it back on the whole thing crashes.

Any help here? Has anyone been able to play Chrono Trigger like normal without all these issues? How did you configure it?

Leto II said:
So I've gotten to play it for a little while and I've noticed some serious issues. The game slows down perceptibly and often times can't handle playing the audio. That's a shame since the audio is one of the best parts. If I turn the audio off for a while it almost goes back to normal speed, but if I ever turn it back on the whole thing crashes.

Any help here? Has anyone been able to play Chrono Trigger like normal without all these issues? How did you configure it?

Hmm, I just thought of this.. Have you tried playing it through the FF anthology on the Playstation rearmed v15 emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the savegames compatible?
Maybe you can switch between compatible to speedhacks.

LTStone said:
Leto II said:

Hmm, I just thought of this.. Have you tried playing it through the FF anthology on the Playstation rearmed v15 emulator?

I have both PCSX4All and PCSXReARMed. I attempted to play the Playstation version of Chrono Trigger on them, and PCSXReARMed started off okay but was kind of slow and the music would not work. I actually didn't understand how to load the same on PCSX4All, but I will keep trying. I will also search for that specific ver.

Is there another release of Chrono Trigger as part of some FF Anthology? I will look for that, too. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will post something later if I have any success.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally started over with my SD card and it seems to have helped.

I can run Chrono Trigger on the SNES emulator at pretty close to full speed with full sound and everything.
I play it on DrPocketSnes v 7.2.0
I keep the sound rate at 22050 mono
Frameskip: Auto
Transparencies: On
CPU Speed: 700
Emulation (Reset Required): Compatible

Just thought I'd let the internet know in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Is this just a problem on Caanoo, not Wiz?

It is so bad, cause the original Gamepark 32 nearly did emulate snes with sound, not far from it....did the GP2X do it?
Why cannot the Caanoo? there is NO reason. it has 533 mhz!

Did people just grow tired of gamepark after the Wiz and stopped pushing the emulation limits?

Back