Chrono Trigger

Khayman

Still Fresh
I have really tried to like games like Final fantasy... but they are too hard! it´s soo anoying running around looking for small buttons and stuff.
But this game is amazing!
That was all :) thanks for the word.

Not all threads need replying to though. This one had me looking up Chrono Trigger on Wikipedia earlier on!

I hated the PS version, horrible port (thanks square!) but the snes version, now thats a GOOD GAME!! no no no GREAT game! I tried the ps versiopn on the GP2x ps emu and it works but slow :( hope one of the version runs full speed sometime. Snes or PS dont really care, but the PS seems to be more worked on than the snes one (find that hard to belive but o well)

I bought Chrono Trigger when it was brand new, and played the PISS out of it. Awesome game. I traded it in, because at the time it was the only way I could afford new games :(
About 4 years ago I bought my current copy immediatly after seing it on display at a game store.

For the 1000th time, Chrono Trigger runs fullspeed with sound & without frameskip on the squidgesnes version with the MMU hack. And transparency is really not used often, I played through it on os9xgp @ gp32 back in the day and os9xgp also didnt have transparencies. It was a joy.
And nowadays, it even runs fullspeed on the gp2x...

Could anyone tell me which snes emu to download from gp32x?
Their are many modified versions along with the official squidgesnes...

pbjorge12 posted on Aug 4 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
Reesy's mod with the MMU hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:43 PM said:
pbjorge12 posted on Aug 4 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
Reesy's mod with the MMU hack.
Great! Thanks...

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 4 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
And transparency is really not used often, I played through it on os9xgp @ gp32 back in the day and os9xgp also didnt have transparencies. It was a joy.
Erm... If I am not mistaken you have to switch teh BG hack every time somebody "says" something. And there are "levels" where clouds or something are over the screen so you have to switch BG hack on.
I didn't played it through on GP32 cause of this.

Creature XL posted on Aug 5 2006 at 12:09 AM said:
Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 4 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
And transparency is really not used often, I played through it on os9xgp @ gp32 back in the day and os9xgp also didnt have transparencies. It was a joy.
Erm... If I am not mistaken you have to switch teh BG hack every time somebody "says" something. And there are "levels" where clouds or something are over the screen so you have to switch BG hack on.
I didn't played it through on GP32 cause of this.

That was only in the dungeons in the future, where you will go quite early in the game. There are some "levels" after that that have the same problems, yes, but its really like 1 of 20.
As said, i played through it, it was fun, and if you really want to wait 'till SSNES has got transparencies support, then thats your thing.

First time i played it through was on the Zodiac, because it had the first decent SNES emu on a handheld with transparencies. I played up to the future with my GP32, then stopped becaude of the cloudy buildings in the future.

I never had a SNES.... :(

Chrono Trigger: Possibly the only game where the writing is goodenough for you not to notice that Crono is a silent protagonist.

no.... if it was good enough for you not to notice that Crono is a silent protagonist, theen u wouldnt be tewlling us.

Plus, is NK's snes emu up to speed?

Im waiting for perfect snes emulation before i buy a gp2x.

Deleted User posted on Aug 5 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
no.... if it was good enough for you not to notice that Crono is a silent protagonist, theen u wouldnt be tewlling us.

Plus, is NK's snes emu up to speed?

Im waiting for perfect snes emulation before i buy a gp2x.
Wikipedia ;)

It's not like Chrono Cross, where the silent protagonist idea seems forced.

Back