Classic Pandoras with Defects

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently going through all the CC boards I still have here (brand new, with defects from the very beginning) and am combining them with used displays that are okay and cases with cosmetic issues (like scratches).

You will find all of these Pandoras here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/27-main-consoles-and-upgrades

Of course, as soon as one is out of stock, it means it has been sold, and it's no longer available.

I'll continue adding more units for different prices (depending on the defect).

This is a good opportunity to get a Pandora cheaply - as it can still be used for gaming or other stuff.

I sent an email to the shop with this information also (including email and order number) but thought I might seek a response here as well.

I had changed my preorder status to refund.  I now have read your other email about how much money would be needed to fund everyone getting their unit/refund.  If I were to ask to still get either a classic CC unit from the parts you sent craig or one of these semi-defective ones you have now, would that be possible to fill my order in some way?  I would probably rather take something with a minor defect if you were willing than to go on another waitlist from craig.

Maybe add the Wifi is possible, through a tiny usb stick in USB port. Maybe even offer the USB wifi stick with this Pandora. It is fine just needs it is USB port for surfing.

Just bought one. I was thinking about buying a small cheap Android laptop but I think another Pandora will do nicely for my purpose and I will not need the wifi. In this case I even prefer not being connected to the internet at all.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question - they were there earlier on the front page, but I didn't note what section they were in. I assume they're out of stock at present as they've disappeared.

@ED: was looking the pandora on DB - it shows you can order a pandora in a wooden box. That was not there when I got mine.

Do you sell these individually??

I'd like to order one!

@ ED : Have you thought about offering one of these (or equivalent) as an additional accessory / upgrade option for units sold with defective WIFI but working USB? I know people could pick one up themselves but it would make sense to me to include the option and also make a bit of profit on the resale of the dongles.

Picked up a CC for $140 shipped, bad Wi-Fi/BT + screen not so great. Great chance to try OP out again :)

EDIT: Didn't see the other 2, will try to cancel and get one of the other ones, but not the end of the world if it's not possible. 

Theres some pandoras on gbax.com for £35 each!!!!

Forgot to mention they're broken! cool paperweight though.

@ ED : Have you thought about offering one of these (or equivalent) as an additional accessory / upgrade option for units sold with defective WIFI but working USB? I know people could pick one up themselves but it would make sense to me to include the option and also make a bit of profit on the resale of the dongles.
You mean like one of these?

Not that it's in stock at present, but it was when I bought my Pandora.

How is the Linux desktop experience on a Classic Pandora?

And would it fix the Wifi/Bluetooth issue if as I ordered it I ask ED to perform an upgrade to a Rebirth?

How is the Linux desktop experience on a Classic Pandora?

And would it fix the Wifi/Bluetooth issue if as I ordered it I ask ED to perform an upgrade to a Rebirth?
I never experienced any problems with the desktop on my classic. WiFi and Bluetooth would be fixed on an upgrade, because you'll be getting a new board

This might be a good way to get a not too expensive Rebirth.

Is there significant performance differences between a Classic and a Rebirth?

I've not noticed anything since I upgraded my Classic to a Rebirth

This might be a good way to get a not too expensive Rebirth.

Is there significant performance differences between a Classic and a Rebirth?
Well the only real difference is the RAM, so things like firefox will perform better since you won't have to activate a swapfile.

Well the only real difference is the RAM, so things like firefox will perform better since you won't have to activate a swapfile.
I always thought that there were more differences that just the RAM, but checking the chart on dragonbox I indeed see that it's just the RAM.

Might be better to save the 150$ for a potential 1GHz update one day then.

So are you disapointed in the upgrade?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Whoops the last refurb unit is gone. Well I guess there'll be other ones at some point.

So are you disapointed in the upgrade?
Not really. I didn't except it to be all that much different, and there isn't. I still need a swapfile to make Firefox "acceptable", but Firefox sucks like that anyway. However, one of my nubs was iffy on the old board. I dislike the nubs anyway, can't stand them, they never seem to work properly, but on my CC there was definately something wrong.

I couldn't justify the cost of the upgrade to a 1GHz though, which is why I went for a rebirth. 1GHz would do nothing for me. I can already overclock to over 900MHz, which allows me to play Street Fighter III smoothly through FBA. All my other games and tools run fine at the default 800MHz. There's a few games I would like on, such as Death Rally, but Ingories tested Death Rally on a 1Ghz and still said it was too slow.

Back