Clock

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
be nice if someone could impliment a clock which shows on the menu screen or something, perhaps under the utility > Clock menu? could have a date / time setting etc.

woogal posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:12 PM said:
The clock isn't battery backed up, so all it would show is how long the gp2x had been turned on for.

Does that mean it would be (not to emulate the game itself, but to impossible to emulate those games that have Real-Time clocks? (not impossible to emulate the game itself, but the time system?)

Last edited by a moderator:
gp2x is likely very capable of keeping something resembling the time--once you have turned it on and set it. So emulation of these functions only needs to have the time passed to it. If this function was necessary in games (it usually really isn't) a menu option in the emulator could set the time.

it usually isn't necessary since most older game consoles don't have a real time clock in the console. GBX, for example, uses a battery powered unit inside the cart, which nintendo fully expected to stop working after a while, and there's no good way for the common man (lacking proper screwdriver) to change it out. When it goes out you get a message something like:
Pokemon Mauve Edition said:
The clock's intenral battery has run dry.  The game can still be played, but clock-based events will not occur.
on the flip side, we could throw a watch on the serial port *ROFLMAO*
it would be the upgrade of the century!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Having recently got my dev environment sorted out and having access to my brothers gp32x (great machine!) I’m currently working on a PiClock. Its a conversion of a Windows VB.Net program which I wrote during some slack time as a 'software developer'. The image (URL) is currently how the .Net version looks, its configurable changing colours etc etc...

Try the Windows version Pi Clock

PIC2005727959117244.gif

Being very new to the GP32x and this forum I would be interested in collaborating with any developers who know how to get access to the time commands on the GP32x.

Being very new to the GP32x and this forum I would be interested in collaborating with any developers who know how to get access to the time commands on the GP32x.

Well, under Linux, It's pretty standard stuff as most other OS's, eg:

Code:
struct timeval tv;
struct timezone tz;

gettimeofday (&tv, &tz);

Which gives seconds and microsecords, or you can use the 'tm' struct for hours/min/sec and is returned by localtime/etc.

Back