Clockwork DevTerm Kit

ArchiMark

Digerati & Pretty Nice Guy
Hi,

Any thoughts about this upcoming device?

Target release April 2021

Looks like some retro goodness to me...............

:)

Mark

You can find some here :)
Ah, my apologies, it's a different clockwork pi device

Think it looks quite interesting actually, but does it use the same CPU board as the GameShell? If it doesn't, it's kinda made a mockery of the "modular" nature it pitches them all as.

It worries me that the GameShell is out of stock though, is it discontinued?

Last edited:
Sure.....no worries......

Not familiar with the GameShell........but looking at Clockwork site, Gameshell uses v.3.1 and DevTerm v.3.14 board.

I wrote in one of the other threads that the 1280 by 480 screen, meant to mimic dual VGA, wasn't quite wide enough for my liking.

I was being sarcastic though. I'm still not even sold on 16:9 yet.

It's definitely an interesting one that. Kind of reminds me of old electronic typewriters.

I think I'd like it more if it had an e-ink display. Although it's probably already a little too esoteric to be useful for most things.

There used to be old laptops in that form factor. Can't remember who made them or what they were called nowadays, but before TFT LCDs were really a thing, there were quite a few of these sort of A4 computers.

Edit: Although they may have been more accurately described as word processors, as I don't think they ran DOS or anything like that. Back then you needed a floppy disc or a fragile hard disc to run DOS.

Reactions: rSl
Back