Closed Source Ports

As far as I understand, no one has contacted those devs yet. If you would like to try feel free.

Oh, wow, Legends offers the option to switch between first-person and third-person. That's awesome - I've been looking for a game which does that. :lol:

Have you contacted them, cb88?

Soulkiller said:
As far as I understand, no one has contacted those devs yet. If you would like to try feel free.
The developer of "tower of goo" is kyle gabler, one of the devs of "world of goo". So yes, he is contacted, but didn't responde yet.
Anyhow, in the comments of the last blog-entry of world of goo, one might conclude, the linux-port of WOG will contain the sourcecode. It may be a misunderstanding, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
no I have little time between chores and HW and trying to build T2 http://www.t2-project.org/ theses days but i figured i could give you guys a heads up if someone else wanted to contact them

on a side note who know i might even end up building a distro for pandora with T2..... not anytime soon though like in a year or two

Ok. If no-one else has done so, I'll contact the folks behind Legends shortly. (I'll wait a little while to be sure that nobody's beaten me to it, first, though. :p)

If its built on Torque then it wouldn't be a simple recompile. The Torque library's would have to be ported to Pandora.

If we got that done ALONE, it would bring a huge amount of devs to the seen.

But I doubt garagegames would want to port their engine, although it doesn't hurt to ask.

I've strumbled over a free MMORPG, it looks somehow like Ragnarok Online with a WoW Interface, no clue if this Game is good, it's called "NOSTALE"

http://www.nostale.net/

The Hardware requirements are not that high (RAM requirements are):

http://www.nostale.de/play_hardware.php

AFIK this game is free, but not Open Source of course, I wasn't able to test this game yet. I also have no clue if such a game could run on the ARM Architecture of the Pandora. ^^"""""
Maybe someone here knows more.

It looks like another free probably korean MMORPG, which are probably not the type of games we should get our hopes up over:
low budget, low goal, and what is probably a skeleton crew spread thinner than gold foil means you would not only have a little bit of trouble communicating in them without proxy and on equal grounds, but they probably haven't the resources to bother with porting to another operating system, much less architecture.

Yes, it's better to veer as far away from possible as free korean mmo's

PoisonedV said:
Yes, it's better to veer as far away from possible as free korean mmo's
Maybe. At least, the game is full translated into Japanese, Chinese, German, Italian, English and French. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostale )

Maybe someone make a good Open Source MMORPG? :D ARE there any good Open Source MMORPG's? ^_^

There really aren't any good open source MMO's. there is that one that a view people have talked about, but its crap.

someone should contact the elona crew!

You're much better off approaching those Korean companies with a business proposal rather than a port request.

Sorry, I'm late posting back here, but I really can't seem to find a way to contact the Legends folks, and I don't feel right at all about signing up for an account on their forum just to ask them one question.

I'll have to pass, with this one, I think. Sorry.

After seeing Cortex Command listed here, and reading a thread about it on another forum, I decided to buy it.

This game is amazing. I expect it to be one of the Pandora's killer apps.

atomicthumbs said:
After seeing Cortex Command listed here, and reading a thread about it on another forum, I decided to buy it.

see what I mean about presumptious?
the devs merely say"yeah, that looks cool, id like to see" and you expect a port will follow suit?

PoisonedV said:
atomicthumbs said:

see what I mean about presumptious?
the devs merely say"yeah, that looks cool, id like to see" and you expect a port will follow suit?

did you even read their response?

There are quite a lot of "yeah, that looks cool, id like to see, but don't know (fill in something)"-messages we got.
For Cortex Command, that's something different. Still I don't know if craig & co have recognized their offer and got in contact - probably not.

Back