Closest Pandora Competitor

I think that threads like these should be automatically moved to the "other consoles" section. I have no problem with people mentioning potential competitors, but it's fucking annoying when there are threads like this monthly.

Crunchwrap said:
I think that threads like these should be automatically moved to the "other consoles" section. I have no problem with people mentioning potential competitors, but it's fucking annoying when there are threads like this monthly.

To be honest I prefer them in the Pandora section as it's the only section I regularly visit and I like to keep abreast of alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Crunchwrap said:

To be honest I prefer them in the Pandora section as it's the only section I regularly visit and I like to keep abreast of alternatives.
I agree, I like having threads like these here because I only visit the Pandora section. This is definitely something that belongs to a general talk board and it is definitely Pandora related. If you don't like it just ignore it, like I do with most threads.

The dpad looks pretty good from this perspective (like an improved PSP-dpad):

fm53dz.jpg

If there wasn't the Pandora I'd definitely try the Moblic E7 as I only bought the Pandora for Amiga- and SNES-emulation.
But because of the Pandora's battery which will last twice as long it's still the superior device.

Attachments

• fm53dz.jpg
    fm53dz.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 88
It just looks so uncomfortable to hold. Not only is there nothing below the controls, the device is also very thin.

While I think this thread belong here I do not understand why people have stopped using the news board for the newsworthy stuff. For those who only wanted the important info that board would be the place to go.

Awakening said:
It just looks so uncomfortable to hold. Not only is there nothing below the controls, the device is also very thin.[/qoute]

Has at least as much space below the controls as an NES controller, don't think it could really be that bad. I'm more concerned with how much grip space is to the left/right of the controls, something I feel that Wiz is very short on. How thin do you think it is exactly? I doubt it's thinner than a DS Lite's controller end. There aren't a lot of shots that really show it in that dimension, I guess this is the closest one:

http://www.umpcportal.com/gallery/v/mwc2010var/IMG_2072.JPG.html

See, not THAT thin.

Exophase said:
Awakening said:
It just looks so uncomfortable to hold. Not only is there nothing below the controls, the device is also very thin.

Has at least as much space below the controls as an NES controller, don't think it could really be that bad. I'm more concerned with how much grip space is to the left/right of the controls, something I feel that Wiz is very short on. How thin do you think it is exactly? I doubt it's thinner than a DS Lite's controller end. There aren't a lot of shots that really show it in that dimension, I guess this is the closest one:

http://www.umpcportal.com/gallery/v/mwc2010var/IMG_2072.JPG.html

See, not THAT thin.
You might be correct on everything you said. BTW, aren't the Pandora controls pretty close to the sides as well? This might be compensated for by the overall size of the Pandora.

Looks like the lid is a bit close to the keys on that image, might be a bit annoying to use the topmost keys. I've heard about some other sliders having this problem.

RajTakhar said:
i quite like it - even more if it could be flashed with pandora os

it would be like a tablet form of pandora

obviously aimed slightly similar but different markets more Wi-Max oriented

Pandora is just as capable

see as more complimentary

Pandora OS is just customized Angstrom. Make your own and you'll have better support.

Awakening said:
You might be correct on everything you said. BTW, aren't the Pandora controls pretty close to the sides as well? This might be compensated for by the overall size of the Pandora.

It's not as bad as Wiz, at any rate. But I won't know how much I like it until I can hold it in my hands.

Awakening said:
Looks like the lid is a bit close to the keys on that image, might be a bit annoying to use the topmost keys. I've heard about some other sliders having this problem.

Yes, this seems like it could be a problem.

Like some I think its a good attempt, and yes more competition means better for end-users/consumers!

I think the people posting in this thread imagined the E7 should be like this:

moblice7p.jpg

Notice the old Nokia keypad (with T9!!) and the PS2 joysticks!!
hehe :D

Attachments

• moblice7p.jpg
    moblice7p.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 67
The majority here would most likely prefer a d-pad over an analog stick, especially a second analog stick.

DualTrackPoint.jpg

On something that compact wouldn't the laptop nub mouse work better as a joystick?

Attachments

• DualTrackPoint.jpg
    DualTrackPoint.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 70
I'm using one of those right now. They work great for mousing (as anyone would rightfully expect :lol: ), but I'm not entirely sure that they'd be suitable for gaming usage.

Those little joystick nub mice are better than most modern trackpads. Some of the pads on netbooks are so small...

darkborn said:
Moblic E7 :
Maybe it’s a Zune-Xbox-Windows 7 Series thingy!!!

Windows 7 @ ARM? hahahaha I doubt! noway.
Windows Mobile is up to version 7 as well, so yes. It's my belief that some "clever" marketing person is intentionally allowing the ambiguity to exist so they can capitalize on people looking for a new phone that won't know the difference.

Back