Collaborative Emulator Compatibility Lists

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi all,

As part of the Wiki Cleanup we'd like to get all compatibility lists into something easy to manage. So I have created openpandoradata@gmail.com. Those who want emulators added to the list they can request them here in this thread. 

Each page can only be accessed by the link provided on this page.

Compatibility Lists

DOSBox

PCSX Rearmed

DraStic

PPSSPP

We'll use these four as a start then more will be added =). There's no real standards in place right now but it'd be great if we had some suggestions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh I just tried to make them on a single list with multiple pages...

I've filled the PCSX page with most of the games in alphabetical order.... that said, I know it is missing a few and I've added them in

these lists are missing all the info that Exophase and the other developers may need... look at the DraStic wiki list

It's a day old and completely empty minus the names.. but yeah it's missing some things :)

Seems a good idea to me.  Could I just ask if there is currently a way to search (or sort) for all 'green' i.e. fully playable games atm.  That was very useful to me in the old drastic compat list.

Cheers

CJ

Why use Google docs and not the wiki? I think one should at least use something you can access from your Pandora ...

Why use Google docs and not the wiki? I think one should at least use something you can access from your Pandora ...
Indeed, I don't like the fact that it is impossible to view the lists without having a Google account.
Wally, do you guys (I assume the "we" in the first post means you and Kingu) make all of these decisions in private IRC chats? I haven't seen any discussion on the wiki itself, so I'm wondering where things get decided and by whom.

Seems a good idea to me.  Could I just ask if there is currently a way to search (or sort) for all 'green' i.e. fully playable games atm.  That was very useful to me in the old drastic compat list.

Cheers

CJ

Excellent Suggestion!
Wally the changes you made on that wiki are a regression to what i did a few months back. Because of that i wont use the wiki anymore, there is no consultation when major changes occur.

Wally the changes you made on that wiki are a regression to what i did a few months back. Because of that i wont use the wiki anymore, there is no consultation when major changes occur.
Like I said in another thread:
as admins we must remember that without the users we are nothing.
Wally and Kingu seem to be using the Craig Rothwell approach to collaboration, from what I've seen so far (only a little, admittedly).

Wally and Kingu seem to be using the Craig Rothwell approach to collaboration, from what I've seen so far (only a little, admittedly).
Let's not go that far. At least you can REACH Wally if you really want to.  
I've mentioned several times that i'm available on IRC quite often and sorry ekianjo it wasn't meant to be.. I

I think I'm going to step back from all this and let everyone else work on it. I haven't got much time to sift through all the issues that everyone is presenting. I will just stick to moderating the forum for now. Wikis really aren't my thing it appears.

Wikis really aren't my thing it appears.
I don't mind having someone moderating wikis but you should understand that previous decisions were made because it made sense - like the green / yellow / red column I added in the Drastic compatibility list was added precisely in order to make it sortable by playable games, and removing that without understanding its purpose is just plain disappointing. And now someone asking for it again and you react saying 'excellent suggestion', just makes me feel... *facepalm*, like I wasted all this time for nothing. 

I'd seriously recommend to have a manager for each key topic on the wiki. LinuxSWAT for all Slackware pages, Someone like Me for Emulation Compatibility lists (or anyone else who think they are up to the job), etc... if not this is just a mega-mess. You can't understand the depth of every page and change stuff without asking. 

I have personally spent many hours on the Drastic list, and seeing how the page was ravaged without anybody coming and asking me in PM or in the boards, I feel the wiki is a lost cause. If anyone wants to save the wiki, we need to put the locks back on. 

If not, I'll create my own wiki solution for Pandora somewhere else with my own rules. 

PS: and I'd like to clarify here that I dont have anything against Wally, I certainly enjoy chatting with him on IRC or his comments on the boards in general. I just have more of an issue with what he did on the wiki, that's all.

I'd seriously recommend to have a manager for each key topic on the wiki. LinuxSWAT for all Slackware pages, Someone like Me for Emulation Compatibility lists (or anyone else who think they are up to the job), etc... if not this is just a mega-mess. You can't understand the depth of every page and change stuff without asking.
"Managers" already exist(ed?) for key topics - they're called frequent contributors, and they come and go naturally. When the talk page of an article gets used well, things usually work out. The reason for some of the discontent seems to be that Wally or Kingu may have come to believe that their role as administrators meant that the wiki was now "theirs" and so were the decisions about what content should be in it. (again, I may be wrong, this is just based on a quick impression) The wiki tradition, though, is that major changes get discussed in a public place before they're carried out, preferably in the talk pages.
I'd still like to know where and by whom decisions get made - where do (did) discussions about major changes happen?

Honestly I never touched the DraStic compatibility lst.

http://pandorawiki.org/index.php?title=DraStic_Compatibility_List&offset=&limit=250&action=history <-- There's no evidence of me doing it either and i'm not the type of guy that needs to hide anything.
Indeed, and that column still seems to be there moreover (and has been since ekianjo's last edit). ekianjo, are you thinking of the right article?

Managers already exist(ed?) for key topics - they're called frequent contributors, and they come and go. The reason for some of the discontent seems to be that Wally or Kingu may have come to believe that their role as administrators meant that the wiki was now "theirs" and so were the decisions about what content should be in it.

I'd still like to know where and by whom decisions get made - where does (did) the discussion about the major changes of the past few months happen?
I under no circumstances think the wiki is mine nor do I want to customise it for myself. You are most definitely missing that there was no real way to tidy up the wiki without removing all the redirects as such. The articles will eventually contain correct redirects. I did open a topic about the wiki and got very little input from anyone on how it should be done and I did do quite a lot of thinking about it and pouring information into the correct thread (this thread shouldn't even be used). I'm out of the wiki business, have put my resignation for Wiki Admin in the Staff area and I don't care anymore.

FWIW, most of Ekianjo's work got archived to the old DraStic 1.x list, although the way it was done means all of his history is still attached to the latest list. I don't know how easy it is to do it so that history stays attached to the appropriate final page, but it might be worth it next time we reset the page for a new major version.

Back