Coming To America

derekthenice

Still Fresh
I live in america and I saw pandora while looking through open source consoles. It seems that it is not yet purchasable in the U.S. Will it ever be?

Maybe in the future. Right now though, it must be pre-ordered direct from Craig in the UK (or from EvilDragon's German store at gp2x.de, but mostly from Craig). People from all over the world have purchased, including many in the US.

Once production has caught up with the pre-orders, some resellers might be able to stock them. That'll make them more expensive of course ;) Realistically this would be at least 4-6 months away if it happens.

A lot of North Americans (from Canada, the US, and a few from Mexico even) have purchased the Pandora with little problem. People from all over the world, in fact.

Ok, that's a slight lie: there have been a few problems, notably that they still haven't finished making them all ;)

One guy had some trouble with his credit card, but he was ordering from Russia, so probably not applicable in this case.

Avoid using American Express: as I recall they were jerks over the original payment, refusing to release funds AND refusing to return them (I don't think Craig ever told us what happened with that)

Anywho, no real problems you would need to worry about. Payment is now being done via Google Checkout so you can feel safe that it should be secure. Should you tire of waiting (and you will wait, as I said they haven't finished making them all yet since they're waiting on a new batch of parts) or find you suddenly need the money, refunds are generally issued pretty quickly and without question.

yeah im from kansas and i ordered one every thing went smooth just waiting on delivery like every one else lol

@Stan - I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure it was the bank who wouldn't return the funds to American Express... :p

You could be right. It was a long time ago. A lot of bad juju went down with that bank. I'm looking forward to the book Craig keeps saying he's going to write simply so I can get more details about how this bank screwed up.

Back