No Email, No Refund... Order Went Through? :)

It is ridiculously poor that they cant post to their own blog especially when people have shown so much faith in them and sent them Millions of pounds!

Oh and kets remember they arent new to running a business.

No-one as far as i am aware is asking for a lot but just the most BASIC of communication in the official blog!

Blog 1
Reorders are commentcing in this Order EU,NA ROW we expect it to be all done within two weeks if you receive an Email it will contain instructions on what to do.

Blog 2
Email are now being sent however Refunds are taking a little longer to process than we thought it may be up to a week between the e-mail and the refunds.

Blog 3
We have now almost completed emials for EU it took longer than expected, we will B moving on to NA and ROW tonmorrow we now think they should take about a week.

Blog 4
We will be posting a message here once all emails have been sent if you havent received one once we post that then you were one of the Lucky ones.

Blog 5
Thanks everyone for your patience Emails are now all out, if you did get one you should get your refund through shortly.

Guess how long that took me? thats right 2 minutes, If I wer posting to the blog maybe 5 minutes! They must be VERY BUSY.

Guess how long that took me? thats right 2 minutes, If I wer posting to the blog maybe 5 minutes! They must be VERY BUSY.

Bear in mind they have other (day) jobs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
stustaff said:
It is ridiculously poor that they cant post to their own blog <snip>

First, how do you know how busy they are? If you've just done an 18 hour day, 5minutes can seem a lifetime. But I think you are also missing the point. I answered a similar comment in the status thread which seems to fit here pretty well:
TaG said:
It would be nice to receive the type of news you said. But everytime the devs release snippets like that the boards go crazy, over-analyze and moan that they need more detail and better answers. So it goes on...
Chip has also posted this:
Chip said:
White Demon said:
How about how far through the process they are? Maybe just a 'we are 90% through UK refunds' or 'we have finished the UK and Euro refunds and are now on to the US refunds' etc. would be nice, and would only take them a couple of minutes (at most) to update.
I'm told that refunds are going a bit slower than expected, but they are going. I should have a decent update for everybody in the next day or two.

stustaff said:

Writing bad news to a blog is bad PR. People read it and instantly start going crazy and posting topics, often exaggerating the problem, then others read those topics, complain and domand more information. Suddenly the 5 minutes it took to post the blog entry turns into several hours answering posts and emails from disgruntled customers. Luckily, Chip has pretty much taken on this role by himself.

Since we all know it's going to be sorted, the best solution is often to keep the news count low, as it saves you a lot of time in the long run.

Another NA preorderer and no email or refund. I understand anyone else in my shoes, who has been watching the PANDORA evolve and ordered in eager anticipation, might fear their name has disappeared from the preorder list somehow. I don't believe this is the case in any shape or form. We all have our order notifications printed and framed... or is it just me? Any way I've been lurking here since the start and usually don't post because my questions seem to be covered well enough. To the Developers ...
Keep pushing forward and we'll reach the goal together.

Seriously, look at this thread for an example why more information need not be provided than absolutely necessary.

Chip posts one line of explanation - and all of a sudden the impatient start bitching and moaning.

LCDs and slow production are more of a worry then the bank issues. They can probably take their time with sending emails because of LCD delay :/

greendots said:
LCDs and slow production are more of a worry then the bank issues.
I disagree. $330 is a lot of money. I'd rather know that my money is safe then if some parts arrived on time.

gp32rich said:
Here's a case in point ... this *could* have been blogged ...
Chip said:
I'm told that refunds are going a bit slower than expected, but they are going. I should have a decent update for everybody in the next day or two.
My vote is to give Chip access to the openpandora.org blog so he can update it with titbits."I'll know more in a day or two" is hardly blog-worthy. However, when I do get some real news for you guys (hopefully in the next day or two), it will get stickied at the top of this board. I asked ED for blog / news post access on openpandora.org, and he's working on it.

Like I said, there will be a more substantial update in a day or two. Hopefully very substantial.

I'm not so much worried by LCD production slowing, or late orders, or refunds, so much as bored. I'm not sure I will even be interested anymore when I get my Pandora just because it's been so long and drawn out and I've watched other gadgets come to light that I would have loved to have

PoisonedV said:
I'm not so much worried by LCD production slowing, or late orders, or refunds, so much as bored. I'm not sure I will even be interested anymore when I get my Pandora just because it's been so long and drawn out and I've watched other gadgets come to light that I would have loved to have
Which ones?

Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
Which ones?

a bunch on new umpcs, g1, some smartphones, iphone 3g, stuff like that.

I have a G1. It's ok as smartphones go, but it's no Pandora. For one thing, the battery life is abysmal. 8-10 hours of useful run time is the thing that really puts the Pandora above any vaguely similar device.

Chip said:
gp32rich said:
Here's a case in point ... this *could* have been blogged ...
Chip said:
My vote is to give Chip access to the openpandora.org blog so he can update it with titbits."I'll know more in a day or two" is hardly blog-worthy. However, when I do get some real news for you guys (hopefully in the next day or two), it will get stickied at the top of this board. I asked ED for blog / news post access on openpandora.org, and he's working on it.

Like I said, there will be a more substantial update in a day or two. Hopefully very substantial.

Chip, your posts are becoming teasing and enigmatic like Craig's. ;)

TaG said:
Not intentionally. I'm just passing on the mystery that I'm getting from my source. ;)

Chip said:
TaG said:
Not intentionally. I'm just passing on the mystery that I'm getting from my source. ;)Good to hear you are in the loop. I'll wait patiently. Hope others do too, some are getting restless...

PoisonedV said:
I hear ya. There's a lot of great stuff out there, so much that I've been purposfully avoiding stores for over a year. Saw an EEE in person for the first time last night, and it took all of my willpower to not walk up to the register with it. :eek:

Back on topic, I am still waiting patiently for the Pandora. And I'm still hoping for a "by Christmas" delivery.

Wow, you guys get bored easily! The waiting has gotten worse and worse for me. I simply cannot wait for the Pandora to hit my welcome mat. :)

Edit: And there hasn't been anything really "new" this year, besides the G1. (And my personal opinion of the EeePC is "useless", but that's only because it isn't mobile enough for me, and lacks the power to make up for lack of mobility. For me.)

Back to the topic... Should I be worried or happy? Most people posting on this thread are from NA, one from Korea... I am from EU, Portugal to be precise.
I preordered about 3 hours after preorders started. I didn't get any mail or refund.
The EU emails should be finished by now but I didn't get one. Should I be happy that everything is gonna be transparent for me, or should I be worried that I was forgotten?

Back