Still No Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercer

Still Fresh
In an email 2 weeks ago I was promised a refund by the end of last week, it didn't arrive.

I complained, was told I was a 'whinger' to complain.

Chip told me the refunds would be sorted by the end of this week. It is now the end of this week. Still no refund.

Can somebody please tell me what is going on.

Card refunds do not normally take this long, where is the accurate communication?

Conrad

GunPei2X said:
Give gp2x.co.uk a call.
what is their number? can't find it on openpandora.org or gp32x.de at all

hells_dark said:
I think it depends on the bank only..
What exactly does that mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
piercer said:
GunPei2X said:
Give gp2x.co.uk a call.
what is their number? can't find it on openpandora.org or gp32x.de at all

hells_dark said:
I think it depends on the bank only..
What exactly does that mean?

From their website gbax.com "You can get us on 0191 243 2253: 10am - 4pm GMT/BST Monday to Friday"

It should also tell you the number on your email...

I was told they expected the refunds to be processed this weekend. I know it is unpleasant and unusual but then it is unusual for such a business to have such sudden revenue and expenditure from nothing.

Based on what I was told, my suggestion is wait until Monday, give them that chance. After Monday if there are no refunds then I think we do deserve 'some answers'.

No refund in my account either. Was told it would be in between 1 and 3 days on Monday.

I don't really mind, but I don't like being fed misinformation.

Chip has hinted that there may be some truth in the speculation that refunds are being delayed deliberately because there's ongoing negotiations with the bank which would remove the need to refund/recharge everyone.

The UK shop has said refunds are "authorised" and are going through.

Which one is right, please? I don't think anyone is bothered about the money, everyone wants a pandora, but a straight answer would be appreciated even if it is bad news.

*headdesk*

is there going to be a new thread for this every day? you do realise that everyone knows there hasnt been a refund, that we dont need you reminding us and that they said they would CLEARLY confirm the refunds were going through when they were. right?

is there any way a mod can just merge all these threads because well, it happens with other similar threads, and these ones are so much more tedious.

I agree, but keep it cool, please. People are nervous, and that's understandable

I got my e-mail regarding the re-ordering yesterday and my refund cleared today (just checked my bank account). So I'm re-ordering my pandora today :).

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
I got my e-mail regarding the re-ordering yesterday and my refund cleared today (just checked my bank account). So I'm re-ordering my pandora today :).

Regards

André

your lucky i had the email on monday still no money

also it seems some refunds have actually started going through now. and i wouldnt expect to see every single refund happen all at once anyway as there isnt any way for it not to be a large amount of admin work for the banks. i expect it will take a few days to do the admin on it. either way its happening.

*sigh with relief*
:)

Yeah, people are freaking out a bit more than is probably necessary (I particularly like the "Oh oh, it has been five days and they said it would be up to three days"--I got my refund mail on 4 Nov and I'm still waiting; on Tuesday it will be three WEEKS!)

But I'm still not panicking. People have started getting refunds and reordering, MWeston and Chip are giving us updates. Things are fine, just delayed a bit. We'll get our toys.

RenegadeChic said:
*headdesk*

is there going to be a new thread for this every day? you do realise that everyone knows there hasnt been a refund, that we dont need you reminding us and that they said they would CLEARLY confirm the refunds were going through when they were. right?

is there any way a mod can just merge all these threads because well, it happens with other similar threads, and these ones are so much more tedious.
Maybe if there was clear and consistent communication, accurate information and a website to check order status then you wouldn't have to put up with my 'whinging'.

They have 200 pounds of my money - they say that they have refunded it - I still do not have my money - who doea? Delivery of first units was advertised as end of November (thats the end of next week) - is that still going to happen?

How bad does it have to get before all the fan boys realise that this is not a professional way to deal with customers: Infact it is in fact an inexcusable mess.

where is the clear, accurate and timely communication?

piercer said:
In short... if their bank is jerking them around, it only goes to follow that any information that we get would look like they are jerking us around too.
Stop your whinging and ride the wave.

EDIT: It's worth noting that I got the refund email AGES ago and still haven't had my refund either. No doubt I'll get it soon since they'd started going through.

piercer said:
Maybe if there was clear and consistent communication, accurate information and a website to check order status then you wouldn't have to put up with my 'whinging'.

They have 200 pounds of my money - they say that they have refunded it - I still do not have my money - who doea? Delivery of first units was advertised as end of November (thats the end of next week) - is that still going to happen?

How bad does it have to get before all the fan boys realise that this is not a professional way to deal with customers: Infact it is in fact an inexcusable mess.

Oh I am sorry, I think you came here and managed to mistake this community for PC World.

But seriously, you really do seem to have invested your money into something that you can't even seem to grasp the logistics and scale of. You consider that no news is bad news, you consider the tentative dates that people like you pushed for on the forums to be gospel and 100%, you seem to think that things must operate like a massive business empire with well established manufacturing links etc. The Pandora has never just been something to buy off the shelf like other technology, it was something to be involved with. This is cutting edge technology that even the big boys at Sony and Nintendo havent dared to approach yet. And its all done by a small handful of people who have never done this before.

We already have people saying their refunds have gone through. I am sorry that all your noise hasn't jumped you to the front of the queue for that, but then again you probably dont understand why it shouldn't. You are also mistaking the fact that they were negotiating with the bank to get everyone refunded with the green light of "its going to be refunded and we have processed it". It sounds to me like it was only really able to begin that process a few days ago. Just because we knew we might need to be refunded didnt mean that the refunding had begun.

Also, no we aren't going to get the Pandora on the originally advertised date and if you cant understand why, then i pretty much hope someone sends all the prototypes, damanaged and flawed and faulty stuff to you just so that you can understand exactly what goes into making a product BETTER for us because your complete inability to be reasonable about it is quite astounding.

As for the fanboy comment, I wouldnt say I was one at all, just a less than average computer user and casual gamer who sees the potential in such a device and is excited about exactly what could be. I would say, however, that I admire what is trying to be achieved and that it is a good example of what people can do if they put their brilliant minds together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back