Refund Experience?

Yeah. They are completely swamped right now. I ordered mine recently (YAY!) and they didn't respond. In the end, I sent an email back and it turns out my orig. email never arrived. The worker I talked to was very quick when she did get my emails though- the very same or next day each time.

I think their email servers must be a bit overloaded right now.

I've been/I am considering canceling my order (pand/case/tv cable) now as well. I'm looking at the N900 now - More money ($AUD) but it's actually available, works and by all I can see, It's a GREAT device.

With all the features - it's better than the Pandora (except controls - Whooptiiidooooo!)
As for games - Pandora will win and the community side of the Pandora is why I still have not canceled.

My only concern; Can I cancel my order and have the funds transferred to an account of my choice (or does it need to be same account)? The credit card I used to pay for it I have canceled it.

CC_machine said:
Got a touchbook.
Do you mean the Always Innovating Touch Book? If so, is it good? I was very intrigued when I saw their site. It looks like an awesome piece of kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
My only concern; Can I cancel my order and have the funds transferred to an account of my choice (or does it need to be same account)? The credit card I used to pay for it I have canceled it.

The agreement UK companies sign with credit card gateways when signing up is that if a refund is requested then it must be made to the *same* card that was used to make the purchase.

IF the account is cancelled then one of two things should happen:

1. The CC company will process the refund and send a cheque to you
  2. The CC will reject the refund and instruct the company to send a cheque to you

Now, I don't know if OP actually follow this procedure (I know some much larger companies that don't). You'll jut have to ask I guess.

Pleng said:
The agreement UK companies sign with credit card gateways when signing up is that if a refund is requested then it must be made to the *same* card that was used to make the purchase.

IF the account is cancelled then one of two things should happen:

1. The CC company will process the refund and send a cheque to you
  2. The CC will reject the refund and instruct the company to send a cheque to you

Now, I don't know if OP actually follow this procedure (I know some much larger companies that don't). You'll jut have to ask I guess.
I had a hotel in the US process a refund to a different credit card. I used a credit card for the reservation, and a different credit card at check-in. There was a billing adjustment after I checked out and I ended up with a charge on one credit card and a refund on the other. I don't know how they managed to do that, but they did it.

borgqueenx said:
Pleng said:
borgqueenx said:
well every cancelled order makes my order number at bit more close to number 1.

Only if they ordered before you.
ah yes. im on 3000 already so its a high chance i wont get closer :(

If you're around order placement 3000, that means there are under 1000 people after you (who have all been waiting a shorter time than you have so are less likely to have reached a set "cutoff" date than those who ordered earlier) and about 3000 people who ordered before you, who have (presumably) all been waiting longer than you, and have witnessed Craig be abusive to customers and the forum explode in outrage at EVERYTHING more often than you - so are more likely to have reached a set cutoff date or a "cheesed off" date (IMHO).

The higher your placement, the more likely a cancellation is to improve your chances. The lower your placement, the less likely it is for any cancellation to move you up the line :)

kingoddball said:
I've been/I am considering canceling my order (pand/case/tv cable) now as well. I'm looking at the N900 now - More money ($AUD) but it's actually available, works and by all I can see, It's a GREAT device.

With all the features - it's better than the Pandora (except controls - Whooptiiidooooo!)
As for games - Pandora will win and the community side of the Pandora is why I still have not canceled.

I think if to do that, and want to buy one later it will cost you more. All that pre-ordered are getting them below cost, new orders will pay the higher price. That is something to consider.

DaveC said:
kingoddball said:

I think if to do that, and want to buy one later it will cost you more. All that pre-ordered are getting them below cost, new orders will pay the higher price. That is something to consider.

Hey Dave,
I've been thinking like that as well.
I'm sure it's just the delay's which are making me grumpy. I want my Pandora so bad! :pandora2ut4:

Neko said:
I had a hotel in the US process a refund to a different credit card. I used a credit card for the reservation, and a different credit card at check-in. There was a billing adjustment after I checked out and I ended up with a charge on one credit card and a refund on the other. I don't know how they managed to do that, but they did it.

Like I say, there are plenty of companies that do ignore the procedure. And it might not even be the same procedure in the USA.

DaveC said:
kingoddball said:

The cost will be higher? I thought the second batch would be cheaper (or so I was told...) thanks for the heads up!

strider_mt2k said:
My refund was processed within hours of my request in a professional and timely manner, as it was for an associate of mine.

They might need a new pair of shoes from all the foot dragging and stumbling on this project, but they handle the transactions exactly like they should be handled.

Strider, your everywhere. LOL. You were going to get the Open Pandora Handheld? I personally think its a great idea but the price is a little too high for my blood. I understand why it costs as much as it does but hopefully in the future, I'll be able to afford one or something similar. Great work guys on the product. Great to see a handheld not from a large gaming company.

What I really like is the guy who have cancelled but still come on the forum ^^. To be sure they did'nt do a mistake, do they regret?

You will no that in the episode :D

Canceling when the cases arrive... funny.

http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

actually i cancelled cus i really need the money to get new gaming hardware for my pc. a £300 mother board dont buy its self. and i will be getting a second batch pandora of course.

Back