A Familiar Hell

fishybawb said:
Zotty said:
But I agree with you about not using it for a company. It's the same as buying from a 'company' with a hotmail account. Scam nerves start twitching ;)

Yeah, same goes for GMail. Oh, wait :p
Hehe, so true! But the difference is that we know OP, so there's already an established form of trust ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been having problems getting refunded from OpenPandora, but I suppose that is more of a postal service issue than a PayPal issue.

craigix said:
I'm still amazed they are allowed to sell via paypal while we were banned from selling the Pandora.
They sold, like, 100 of these cheap little board things.
You transferred close to a meeellion dollars in a 24 hours period, no? The warning lights were probably shining just a little bit brighter on your account.

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
I'm still amazed they are allowed to sell via paypal while we were banned from selling the Pandora.
You transferred close to a meeellion dollars in a 24 hours period, no? The warning lights were probably shining just a little bit brighter on your account.
Pretty sure the number of Paypal orders were in the low hundreds, so it should have been less than $5000. Could still have been the number of simultaneous orders that triggered something, though.

Tom` said:
Pretty sure the number of Paypal orders were in the low hundreds, so it should have been less than $5000. Could still have been the number of simultaneous orders that triggered something, though.
$5000 seems to be a magic number for getting your PayPal account locked. Cryptome.org got banned for receiving $5300 during a two-week period.

Tom` said:
100 * $300 < $5000
I need to know where you went to school so I can go there and punch the math teacher in the face

WizardStan said:
craigix said:

100? After all their publicity? They will have sold at least 1000 @ $500 each, probably more.

But as people have said, Paypal tend to decide the rules based on a coin flip.

zhasha said:
Tom` said:
100 * $300 < $5000
I need to know where you went to school so I can go there and punch the math teacher in the face
heh, it's true my math background is a bit spotty, but normally I can at least add, subtract, and multiply. However, this is exam week for me and I'm under a bit of stress... :unsure:

craigix said:
100? After all their publicity? They will have sold at least 1000 @ $500 each, probably more.
158 EUR a piece, apparently. I hadn't actually looked at the price, I just looked at the specs and design complexity and assumed a sub $100 price tag. Either it does a lot more than I think it does, or there are people that will pay a lot of money for a fake disk drive. I said 100 parts because that's what I thought I read, but now I reread the article and it says "the FIRST 100..." so whoops.

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
158 EUR a piece, apparently. I hadn't actually looked at the price, I just looked at the specs and design complexity and assumed a sub $100 price tag. Either it does a lot more than I think it does, or there are people that will pay a lot of money for a fake disk drive. I said 100 parts because that's what I thought I read, but now I reread the article and it says "the FIRST 100..." so whoops.

I think you are talking about different products - the 1541-Ultimate VS the $500 tablet by Fusion Garage...

basumarra1510 said:
hello guys ...

its really nice post....

i just liked it....

thanks....
Die.
In a fire.
Tasting your synthetic oil based blood.
Stupid bot. :(

WizardStan said:
Die.
In a fire.
Tasting your synthetic oil based blood.
Stupid bot. :(
Better watch out. You don't want it to start singing about triumphs!

foxblock said:
atomicthumbs said:
Paypal is garbage.

I don't agree on a simple consumer based customer, who just buys some goods on Amazon or eBay (like me), but PayPal is widely know for scamming bigger "companies" when they start to make too much money are have a lot in their bank account (a recent example is the foobar2000 donation account). They do that for some time now and seem to get away with it pretty nicely (which makes me wondering)... Well at least I would not use it for an business account, sadly there barely is another option for developers to easily call for donations.

foxblock out
it's even worse if the money is donated, then they're stealing from both the customer and the acct holder! and the "simple customer" doesn't want to do business with thiefs? do they?

craigix said:
They are now banned from PayPal.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/30/more-bad-juju-for-joojoo-shipping-delays-pre-sale-questions/

Back