Refund Experience?

peca said:
So You simply sacrifice gaming device for part to gaming device? It's Fanny!

Or you could say he's sacrificed a "virtual" gaming device to get an actual real one working :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dobsonator said:
actually i cancelled cus i really need the money to get new gaming hardware for my pc. a £300 mother board dont buy its self. and i will be getting a second batch pandora of course.
£300 on a MOTHERBOARD? Did you just decide to get the most expensive i7 board you could find? That's crazy, I felt like my £80 board was a bit expensive when I bought mine.

On March 6 I canceled the previous cheque such that OP could mail me a new one. They complied and air mailed me a new cheque on March 8, and gave me a tracking number. To this date (March 13) neither cheque has arrived.

On the Royal Mail tracking service, this is what I am told:
We have received your item, posted on 08/03/10 and it is being processed for delivery abroad.

What country are you in, Transmition?

If you're outside of the UK, I'm not entirely surprised that neither has arrived yet. :p

Wow, that's fast! :blink:

My experience from this side of the ocean is that things seem to take about a week on average to get to overseas destinations, but of course, that's not going to apply to everybody. :lol:

I checked my tracking number today and this is what I am now told:
Your item, posted on 08/03/10 with reference [redacted] has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA.

So, I guess it has left Britain. Or is getting ready to leave Britain. At least progress has been made. I'll update when I receive the cheque and I'll tell you if it goes through.

This is getting ridiculous. It has been 12 days now and the only thing the tracking says is the above message. Neither the canceled cheque or the air mailed cheque has come. If it doesn't come in a few days I'm going to see if I can do a wire transfer or something.

This seems very suspicious.

Transmition said:
This seems very suspicious.
Unless you're seriously suggesting that OpenPandora has somehow hacked the Royal Mail website to say that the letter has been shipped when really it hasn't, you're being paranoid.

Why didn't you do a wire transfer in the first place?
I did one and OP even covered the cost of the transfer (was something like $30?) but that might've been a courtesy because I was a reorderer.

I got my air mailed cheque on Friday, and cashed it yesterday. It all went through, so refund successful. I suggest that anyone else who decides to get a refund do it electronically, even if they paid via cheque to begin with.

Back