The Dutch Situation

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
As was made clear by mark1970 we have a rather different situation in the netherlands

Mark1970 said:
paolo said:
:) never heard about this kind of contracts, probably due they're not popular (or not existing) in Italy.
anyway sounds risky...
I believe the Dutch/Belgian situation is rather unique. I am from the Netherlands myself and I received my refund email last week. No money in the bank yet.
In Belgium and the Netherlands quite a few 'creditcards' issued from the bank are actually Debit cards which are directly 'tied' into bank-accounts. The amount of money paid with the credit card in a month will be deducted from the owner's bank account the next month. It is not possible to 'postpone' payment at an increased interest rate or rack-up credit card debt.
Refunds to a debit card that cannot be 'negative' or 'positive' - but are in fact just a method of payment directly from a bank account - will no doubt move along different paths than those done to 'real' credit cards. The banks themselves have a contract with the creditcard companies and they could cause quite a delay in the refund process showing up on the customer's bank accounts.

My advice to all Dutch/Belgian debit card payers is to get in contact with their banks to see whether a refund is coming their way - without having to wait another month - and decide accordingly what to do and notify the team. It might not be possible to gain information before the Bank is finished processing the refund.

So is there a dutch person that has got their refund back yet or will we be later than most people. Id just like to create an awareness for this problem since it could be that all refunds are out but no dutch person has the money in the bank account.

It would be weird if a whole country was left with no pandora's. So as for the dev's this might be why the dutch persons seem reluctant its not because they are cheap but Its because the banks didnt give them their money yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
So is there a dutch person that has got their refund back yet or will we be later than most people. Id just like to create an awareness for this problem since it could be that all refunds are out but no dutch person has the money in the bank account.

It would be weird if a whole country was left with no pandora's. So as for the dev's this might be why the dutch persons seem reluctant its not because they are cheap but Its because the banks didnt give them their money yet.
I have a creditcard from the postbank, and I got refunded; or, to be more specific, the money got put back to my creditcard:

CODE

OPENPANDORA BATTERSEA GBR Bij 301,24

Note the 'bij'-part;

Unfortunately, it did not go back onto my regular account (yet); it remains on my creditcard. But: the money is back with me, I have a lot of credit now on the credit card instead of in my bank.

And as soon as I saw that the money was back, I re-ordered.

Where did you see that I only get a creditcard statement once a month and I cannot see my cc status online.

(I am at the rabobank)

But I'm expecting the cc bill to be in next week hopefully it will be in.

Well, if that is the case, I will be the one of the few that receive pandora in the Netherlands (although I'm not Dutch).

I pre-ordered from the German gp32x.de using PayPal, but then I got the refund since all PayPal order were canceled. So I use the InternetBanking to transfer to gp32x.de account in Germany from my Dutch ABN AMRO account. So far so good :D

I will have to get into contact with my bank which is also the Rabobank, to see if the creditcard has been refunded. It is a mastercard debitcard and as soon as the money is with me I will be repaying. I'ĺl keep you posted.

Bosbeetle said:
As was made clear by mark1970 we have a rather different situation in the netherlands

Belgium "person" here ;) Got my monthly visa bill two days ago, and the refund was noted on the payment list. Now, as i spend more $$$ this month, then the pandora's refund amount, there is ofcourse no expected payback on my bank account ( where the visa is tied into ). But, the refund was listed, and accepted by banksys ( the visa's credic card handler ). So, there have been no problems here anyway.

Normally you just need to take in account, that a payback takes a few days between your visa/cc bill, and when its on your bank account again. Its not a big deal, because the CC ordering system is not up and running yet, so you still have lots of time to pay ( same with the delay of the shipping ).

Bosbeetle: Yes, I did see that online, postbank shows you that.

Spectator: Oh no you won't :) I re-payed already, and ordered minutes after the pre-orders started, AND payed for the express-shipping (from the UK). So I definitely hope to be among the first to receive this great device!

Benjiro said:
Belgium "person" here ;) Got my monthly visa bill two days ago, and the refund was noted on the payment list...
From Belgium :
Got mine 4 days ago, it wasn't listed yet ... I'm sure it will be there next month.
Reordered anyway :) I don't want to miss the opportunity to buy such a beauty.

Chero.

Dutch person here, I got my refund. But I got 280 Euro back instead of 300 euro (ordered, Pandora, Case and TV cable)

In nederlands:

Mijn buurman had een creditcard , dankzij hem heb ik em dus kunnen bestellen. Net kwam mijn buurman om te vertellen dat ie het geld terughad en terug naar mijn rekening had gestort.

Mithrildor said:
Dutch person here, I got my refund. But I got 280 Euro back instead of 300 euro (ordered, Pandora, Case and TV cable)

In nederlands:

Mijn buurman had een creditcard , dankzij hem heb ik em dus kunnen bestellen. Net kwam mijn buurman om te vertellen dat ie het geld terughad en terug naar mijn rekening had gestort.

you've got the same amount of pounds back, it dropped quite a bit, you should reorder in pounds also.

For the rabobank its the following situation

my bill said that my creditcard had a posifif ratio but in order to put that money on your account you have to call. If you dont call the money will stay on the card and be used for further transactions.

So I called and they will put it on my account. I will now reorder via bank transfer :)

Bosbeetle said:
Mithrildor said:

In nederlands:

you've got the same amount of pounds back, it dropped quite a bit, you should reorder in pounds also.

Yup I know ,I wont pay more. It would only be annoying if decided not to reorder. But i decided to reorder :D

Back