Is It Possible That We Will Have To Wait For The Pandora Until All Are

parag0n said:
The most sensible thing to do, if they have 500 pandoras to ship, would be to send them to the first 500 people on the list who have paid.
The question is how economically feasible would it be to manufacture only 500 Pandoras? Granted they will probably do a test run of a small amount first to ensure that the Pandoras are properly made but those will most likely go to developers. Unfortunately making small batches of Pandoras may wind up costing more than producing larger amounts at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
peca said:
zxcel said:
striped image

Just curious title: "die autobots" :)

since this topic is likely to be locked shall it just be a transformers topic from now on? haha

that scene there where the decepticons hijack the shuttle and kill everyone still emotionally ravages me after all this time! plus i've had that song in my head since the picture was posted...

RenegadeChic said:
peca said:
zxcel said:
striped image

since this topic is likely to be locked shall it just be a transformers topic from now on? haha

that scene there where the decepticons hijack the shuttle and kill everyone still emotionally ravages me after all this time! plus i've had that song in my head since the picture was posted...
I know what you mean. When Brawn died part of me did too. While were at it where the hell was Snarl during the attack at the base?

rmm21 said:
RenegadeChic said:
peca said:
zxcel said:
striped image

I know what you mean. When Brawn died part of me did too. While were at it where the hell was Snarl during the attack at the base?

Its definitely a good question! When Galvatron & co attack autobot city whilst they are trying to rebuild theres an overhead where you can see Snarl too, so he was definitely about. Maybe he was distracted by a caesium salami sandwich!

RenegadeChic said:
rmm21 said:
RenegadeChic said:
peca said:
zxcel said:
striped image

Its definitely a good question! When Galvatron & co attack autobot city whilst they are trying to rebuild theres an overhead where you can see Snarl too, so he was definitely about. Maybe he was distracted by a caesium salami sandwich!

Yeah or berylium bologna with a piece of oil cake on the side. :)

Actually I think the best question is the mass that is contained in the Transformers laser weapons.

When the decepticons attacks autobot city, there is a far away shot showing how long the battle was taking place. *Just before devestator breaches* the lasers actually 'Arc'.

So either the lasers they are firing are very heavy OR the Transformers can direct the path the lasers take.

Either way, they never fully explain this phenomenon

Phawx said:
Actually I think the best question is the mass that is contained in the Transformers laser weapons.

When the decepticons attacks autobot city, there is a far away shot showing how long the battle was taking place. *Just before devestator breaches* the lasers actually 'Arc'.

So either the lasers they are firing are very heavy OR the Transformers can direct the path the lasers take.

Either way, they never fully explain this phenomenon
I really wish they'd bring the show back the way it was in the 80's. Loved how when Megatron would trip and Starscream would be there to acquire the decepticon leadership. Good acted good and bad was bad.

Great cartoon that I still love even today.

If Pandora Team have had say 500 :pandora1: ready, they could push them through online marketplaces for people with CC issues (i.e. those who cant or won't pay by other means) :)

I have paid with bank transfer, so I would love to get my first, but from Pandora perspective the goal is to get as much cash as they can :( just to be cool with banks and suppliers.

But it would be a bit unfair if the team could not order parts, say displays or something, because of a cash-flow problem (i.e. people with issues) making others, those who paid(twice), to wait much longer.

tolysz said:
If Pandora Team have had say 500 :pandora1: ready, they could push them through online marketplaces for people with CC issues (i.e. those who cant or won't pay by other means) :)

I have paid with bank transfer, so I would love to get my first, but from Pandora perspective the goal is to get as much cash as they can :( just to be cool with banks and suppliers.

But it would be a bit unfair if the team could not order parts, say displays or something, because of a cash-flow problem (i.e. people with issues) making others, those who paid(twice), to wait much longer.
The sad reality is that the prototype key mats barely came out a few days ago. So anyone still shooting for December, I think it would be a wise idea to shoot for mid Jan-Feb.

parag0n said:
Queue:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, a, b, c, d, e
1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 0, a, d have paid

there are 5 pandoras
1, 3, 4, 7 and 8 receive their pandoras

new queue:
2, 5, 6, 9, 0, a, b, c, d, e
2, 6 and 9 pay

5 more pandoras become available

2, 6, 9, 0, a receive their pandoras

You keep your place in the queue, and your pandora arrives in the first batch after you pay.
How is this unfair?
No, you don't keep your place in the queue...

We went from:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...
to:
1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 0, a, d, 2, 6, 9...

You seem to have disregarded the fact that all of these people did pay in the original order and the order was rearranged due to factors beyond their control. I'm not saying this is unacceptable, just pointing out that it quite obviously isn't fair. But life isn't fair.

Because postponing sending merchandise that's sitting there, completed, to people who have already paid for it makes sense. /sarcasm

Sorry, I don't think I have quite that much community solidarity to think that'd be a good idea.

The main point that people moaning about the place in the queue are missing is:

You are not going to get a pandora without paying for it.

If there are pandoras ready, and you haven't got your act together and paid by some other means, why should everything be put on hold untill you can magically pay by a credit card.

This isn't about you wanting it as soon as possible, because you would have re-ordered by now if you did, this is about you not wanting other people to get it before you, i.e. selfishness.

Edit: Sorry, this could seem like it is directed at anyone in particular, it's not, its just a general statement to everyone who is thinking along these selfish lines.

Iorgy77 said:
Yeah, I'm just having a moan.

I'm just saying it isnt a fair system.
Did your parents bring you up to believe that life would be fair?

At the end of the day there's very little that will persuade me paying via bank transfer. I ordered within 30 mins of sales going live so I'd imagine I'm pretty high up in the queue. If the current situation means that somebody else gets theirs before me than yes, I'll be a little down for myself, but I'd rather it went to somebody else rather than sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped.

CandidStan said:
The sad reality is that the prototype key mats barely came out a few days ago. So anyone still shooting for December, I think it would be a wise idea to shoot for mid Jan-Feb.
We haven't seen a PCB with the analog controllers attached, or the prototype case parts. Once the holidays are over, it's going to take a lot more time than the optimists cling to.

Then there's the 'extended testing' time that was mooted some time back.....

Bramrash said:
The main point that people moaning about the place in the queue are missing is:
You are not going to get a pandora without paying for it.

If there are pandoras ready, and you haven't got your act together and paid by some other means, why should everything be put on hold untill you can magically pay by a credit card.

This isn't about you wanting it as soon as possible, because you would have re-ordered by now if you did, this is about you not wanting other people to get it before you, i.e. selfishness.

Edit: Sorry, this could seem like it is directed at anyone in particular, it's not, its just a general statement to everyone who is thinking along these selfish lines.

I Whole Heartedly Agree
Its one thing getting your place in the Queue
Yep a lot of people may have got the bums rush from refunds and whatever
But if you can pay the refunded amount by Bank Transfer then you should get Your Pandora quicker than waiting for the Credit Card users
Now if you decide to play safe then you have to expect the issue with 1800 paid orders prior to Credit Cards being processed is going to mean that your place in the queue will slip
Yep communication may not be the best
The Devs have too much shit on their plate
If you have the same belief in the product and have bought from CraigX, EvilDragon, Mfk, Mweston and others before, you wil like me say it was 100% genuine service - devlivered as promised

YES - I did pay by Bank Transfer - in the past I bought my GP32 and GP2X by Paypal - could not use it this time round, but had my faith in the Devs from previous dealings

Those of you who keep bantering on about your money in the project is the same as shareholder/investor should have no qualms about paying by Bank Transfer then

Maybe we should have a regualr statement from CraigX as to how many Bank Transfer payments needed prior to Credit Card processing

Its all about risk - yeah I know I may have zero protection if it goes tits up - I counter this with my 100% faith (sorry MFK about the pun) in the Open Pandora dev team

Asmo said:
We haven't seen a PCB with the analog controllers attached,
I've seen one :) The pic is floating around somewhere.
pboard0.jpg

Oh, and it has got a mic, too :)

Back