Still No Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to openpandora this week checking if my refund was coming through ok.

The reply said the money should be back in my account this week (ie, by sunday), so hopefully when the banks open Monday, i should be set up to reorder.

If not, they did say 'should', the money is in the system, its just that banks are dragging their heels, and making OP look bad. It can't be helped.

And thus another thread goes to hell ...

I shall re-iterate my comments in other threads. "If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen"

Point is this adventure is about TRUST.

If you want a product, ready made and delivered with serious corporate backing hop down to PC World, pick up a PSP, downgrade it and play your homebrew.

If you can't afford to loose £200, then why the heck did you buy this toy in the first place! If you are worried about your £200 then PHONE gbax.com and Jaqi will make sure your get your money asap! Failing that, put a claim in with your credit card money and they'll force the refund.

But if you want to be part of something new, exciting and ground breaking, led by a bunch of people who are doing this for the FIRST time, and who have been around for years, then buckle up and enjoy the ride!.

I got my refund email weeks ago, and no sign of the refund, but it WILL happen, give the poor buggers a chance.

YES, I admit more and clearer communication would (have) elleviate the panic levels, but hey it is what it is ... go with it ...

Fanboy? NO Excited techno geek YES

Worst comes to worst, you always get to claim through your credit card company ? So why all the PANIC ?? I just don't get it !

Greetings! Long time lurker, first time poster.

As this is my first post on this forum, I would like to point out that I am not trying to be antagonistic or negative in any way to anyone.

But I would just like to ask the people who are 'whinging' (Your words, not mine) if you have ever worked closely with a bank before? Okay, granted, I don't know what the normal banking standards in the UK are like, but here in Australia, if your bank gets wind that you are changing to another bank they can (and very likely WILL) freeze your account and assets for weeks and weeks.

Maybe that's what happened here, maybe not, I don't know (that's between Craig and his bank.) But now that people are receiving refunds, it seems like the amount of time that they can ethically 'freeze' gbax's accounts has ended, if indeed that is what has happened.

Just chillax people, you really can not hurry a bank up, and if you try to, they will probably try to screw with you some other way. Banks and business' have a lot to deal with already in this economic crisis and there could be an infinite number of reasons for the 'delay.'

I know this is all a bit ranty, but I'm not saying 'Just have faith,' I'm saying 'Just be patient.' We will all get what we want in the end whether it be a Pandora or a refund.

A lot of people have unreasonable expectations, and I don't envy the job of anyone associated with the Pandora's development right now, (even Chip, you're such a trooper, much heartiez. I would have seriously lost my temper with some people already, but I guess that's why you're the PR guy and a moderator and I'm not :D )

Also (way off topic, I just need to say it,) I would hope that the very first people to get Pandoras are software developers and not consumers. I would very gladly give up my pre-ordered Pandora to a developer.

There, I'm done now. Also much thanks if you actually read all of this instead of just going "TL;DR."

All these people saying if you don't like it cancell your order and get out need to take a freaking reality check!

If every person I've seen this said at took your advice, there won't be a Pandora coming out.

Everyone knows that your just transfering your own uncertainty onto them to mask your own inner termoil.
Its actually kinda sad :D

maxSteiner said:
All these people saying if you don't like it cancell your order and get out need to take a freaking reality check!

If every person I've seen this said at took your advice, there won't be a Pandora coming out.

Everyone knows that your just transfering your own uncertainty onto them to mask your own inner termoil.
I will have to disagree with you and the same people that keep making these new topics that say the same thing. In fact I will go one step further, to stop listing to the "whining" from these same people. I, personally, will buy your Pandora if you would stop posting crap that doesn't contribute to an actual discussion that benefits this commmunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
maxSteiner said:

Go to your room and stay there till you learn some manners young man!

Seriously, as stated this thread is over ... lock it pls ...

maxSteiner said:

I have to agree with Viridor. I'll go a step further and say that those who start these threads should cancel asap because

1. They might not realize they were getting into a small development program where delays were bound to occur.

2. They might lack the IQ to use a Pandora effectively when it's released. This is demonstrated by disregarding the instructions about refund updates "We'll give the all clear when refunds are completed" - and repeating the same threads that have been closed over and over on this forum.

Either way, the OP and others like him would avoid headaches by getting out of the project now.

PolloLoco said:
maxSteiner said:

I have to agree with Viridor. I'll go a step further and say that those who start these threads should cancel asap because

1. They might not realize they were getting into a small development program where delays were bound to occur.

2. They might lack the IQ to use a Pandora effectively when it's released. This is demonstrated by disregarding the instructions about refund updates "We'll give the all clear when refunds are completed" - and repeating the same threads that have been closed over and over on this forum.

Either way, the OP and others like him would avoid headaches by getting out of the project now.

I wasn't going to go that far, I don't believe that I am any better or worse than the next guy, however it seems a better understanding on how the world works. With that said, I like the way you think.

So... when do we start the topic for "People willing to buy you out to stop listening to you!" That might actually be a discussion that contributes to us.

You people are the reason these threads are at the top of the forum lists!
Stop posting if it offends you that much :D
Theres been about 2 posts agreeing with the OP and the rest are you passive agressive posters freaking out and bumping this onto the top :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back