No Email, No Refund... Order Went Through? :)

Schprlock said:
Back to the topic... Should I be worried or happy? Most people posting on this thread are from NA, one from Korea... I am from EU, Portugal to be precise.
I preordered about 3 hours after preorders started. I didn't get any mail or refund.
The EU emails should be finished by now but I didn't get one. Should I be happy that everything is gonna be transparent for me, or should I be worried that I was forgotten?
Which shop did you order from?

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
I'm not so much worried by LCD production slowing, or late orders, or refunds, so much as bored. I'm not sure I will even be interested anymore when I get my Pandora just because it's been so long and drawn out and I've watched other gadgets come to light that I would have loved to have
Which ones?

a bunch on new umpcs, g1, some smartphones, iphone 3g, stuff like that.

Like others mentioned, all of those suffer from (sometimes ridiculously) low battery uptimes, although the G1 somewhat tempts me as well.

Eniko said:
A good way to not become bored is to start developing for the Pandora. Good for you, good for the community, everyone wins! >_>
I could develop a Pandora cabinet :lol:

Schprlock said:
Back to the topic... Should I be worried or happy? Most people posting on this thread are from NA, one from Korea... I am from EU, Portugal to be precise.
I preordered about 3 hours after preorders started. I didn't get any mail or refund.
The EU emails should be finished by now but I didn't get one. Should I be happy that everything is gonna be transparent for me, or should I be worried that I was forgotten?
No mail for me either, heh.
I'm from france ;)

Schprlock said:
Should I be happy that everything is gonna be transparent for me, or should I be worried that I was forgotten?
Response:

Gruso said:
As you know, some (not all) credit card orders will have to be refunded and the orders re-placed with the new bank.

Chip said:
If you don't get an email in the next week, then your credit card order was processed successfully before the bank went wonky. Your order is secure and you don't need to do anything.
All this information is readily available in stickies. Please be sure to read them thoroughly, and perhaps even step away from the computer and give yourself time to think about it. If you have a particular point not yet covered in the stickies that we can answer, then please be a little more specific.

Edit: And if you're worried your spam box chewed up the e-mail, then you can certainly call/e-mail the Pandora crew. Keep in mind that they're very busy, and no doubt getting e-mail for all sorts of questions, so you may not get an e-mail within 24 hours, or even 48. (Also, might I suggest the more reliable Gmail or Yahoo e-mail boxes, that don't shred your e-mail before you've had a 30-day chance to look at them?)

Another Edit: Edited frustrated post to be more patient.

javaJake said:
Chip said:
If you don't get an email in the next week, then your credit card order was processed successfully before the bank went wonky. Your order is secure and you don't need to do anything.
Jake, that post by Chip is out of date. This is newer:
Chip said:
gp32rich said:
Here's a case in point ... this *could* have been blogged ...
Chip said:
I'm told that refunds are going a bit slower than expected, but they are going. I should have a decent update for everybody in the next day or two.
My vote is to give Chip access to the openpandora.org blog so he can update it with titbits."I'll know more in a day or two" is hardly blog-worthy. However, when I do get some real news for you guys (hopefully in the next day or two), it will get stickied at the top of this board. I asked ED for blog / news post access on openpandora.org, and he's working on it.

Like I said, there will be a more substantial update in a day or two. Hopefully very substantial.II posted this earlier in the thread (post 35). Sorry for repeating it but I don't want people to be misled.

So, @Schprlock and others: Until the all clear is raised you cannot be sure. They are running behind and as far as I know the only people saying they have had the re-order emails so far are UK based.

The two links at the bottom of my sig have significant discussion about this.

mali said:
Which shop did you order from?
I followed the link for European orders when it became available. So I believe that would be gbax.com, although I can't say for sure. But I know that from the different geographic options I picked Europe.

Thanks, Tag, I will wait and see.

Hi

I'm in NZ. No email as yet. If I get one I'll deal with it then.

I'll add my voice to those saying chill out - it will get sorted out.

Years ago I bought some CDs off craig from his old cdworld site. When they never showed up - lost in the post - I hassled him about it and he resent them at his cost.

The pandora is a hugely complicated device to make and the first attempt these guys have made at something on this scale. I'm confident I'll get my pandora and plenty of great software to use on it. It might take a little longer than anticipated but I think it will be worth it.

Back