Release Command and Conquer Port

scorpio

Website
www.xdi.nu
HI,

I have been following and ordered my panda two years ago. I have always read the forums but am a lurker :) i am lucky that mine has just been dispatched and it will arrive soon.

My question is - will someone be kind enough to port this linux software:

http://freecnc.org/

It allows the playing of C&C, Red Alert and Red Alert 2 if you have the original game files - which can be bought for around $8 from Amazon or eBay...

OR can the game simply be run under DOSBOX?

If you haven't played these games, check out the gameplay here:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/swCuYMdY-Fc?feature=oembed

If FreeCNC is ported and lets me play these games on my panda I will pay the dev for his time.

thank you :)

1. Ahem.

2. I believe someone actually has ported the game already, assuming we're on the same page (not too familiar with the C&C series). Different engine, though. Haven't played it too much, but from what I saw it works pretty well. Link

3. Red Alert is freeware now.

Last edited by a moderator:
C&C 1 is freeware now, this is awesome. Download here.

It would be amazing if someone with a pandora could download and try this with dosbox. Would make my year.

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I guess it is a software release then? I will buy the C&C games off amazon and see if I can get them working. I will host and post files if I do.

1. Ahem.

2. I believe someone actually has ported the game already, assuming we're on the same page (not too familiar with the C&C series). Different engine, though. Haven't played it too much, but from what I saw it works pretty well. Link

3. Red Alert is freeware now.
Wow - that is so cool. I will download tonight. Panda won't arrive until Monday UPS send the package around the world first LOL.

I will post if it works and host somewhere too.

C&C 1 is freeware now, this is awesome. Download here.

It would be amazing if someone with a pandora could download and try this with dosbox. Would make my year.

I'll have to try this. The PND in the link is unavailable but i'll try it in dosbox.

There's a PSX version that might work better. And by the way, I have a really sore head.

There's a PSX version that might work better. And by the way, I have a really sore head.
funny, i did a little more google searching and saw that they had a PS1 version. i'll try it later today. the n64 version doesn't work smoothly, it runs but really jerky.

UPDATE: the ps1 version work really well but you can't use the touch screen like the windows version. well off to go defeat GDI

i managed to mount the cd image in dosbox following this discussion:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54011-dosbox-guide/page__st__15

the installer ran at full speed. i was then able to run the game - and there were some major delays between loading screens.

the fmvs played fine and the game started fine, but even with the panda cpu set at 900mhz the game is laggy enough to make it unplayable.

i even turned off in-game music because i suspected it might be CD read speed off my SD card was slowing down the game. i also set the game speed to slow.....and it is almost playable....but alas not quite there...

since the pnd file linked above is no longer hosted this game is not playable in the foreseeable future unless get a port. the psx version just doesn't cut it.

well - i am talking about red alert - i will try the original C&C next - maybe that will work?

hmmm....

well the freeware versions of the original C&C that EA have offered for download are Win95 executables and dosbox can't run them.

does anyone have the original DOS version of C&C they could share as iso via torrent please and i will try to get it working.

thanks guys.

UPDATE: the ps1 version work really well but you can't use the touch screen like the windows version. well off to go defeat GDI
I remember back in the day, the PS1 has a mouse peripheral you could use as a controller.

I wonder if that is emulatable using the touch screen...

the pnd works great, and just have to copy these files

/INSTALL/REDalert.MIX

/SETUP/AUD.MIX

/SETUP/SETUP.MIX

/MAIN.MIX

into the appdata folder for openredalert

it is buggy though. the game runs and it runs at excellent speed. so exciting - but i the first mission reinforcements never arrive (even though the voice says they have) and certain parts of the fog of war do not clear up.

who else wants to see this game be debugged and fully developed?

i can pay the dev $20 - anyone else want to contribute?

Back